Replacement PR Visa in UK passport

Old Jun 19th 2012, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

naomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nice
Default Replacement PR Visa in UK passport

Hi there,

I am a UK citizen living in AUstralia on a PR visa. I have just renewed my UK passport and I notice that it now does not have my PR visa in it.

So, how do I get my PR visa in my new UK passport?

Cheers!
Old Jun 19th 2012, 3:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Replacement PR Visa in UK passport

Originally Posted by naomijmoore
Hi there,

I am a UK citizen living in AUstralia on a PR visa. I have just renewed my UK passport and I notice that it now does not have my PR visa in it.

Cheers!
It will not have a visa label in it because they are nothing to do with the UK passport office.
You'll need to send it to Australia House in London if you want a replacement visa label.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

naomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nice

Thank you. Do you need to get a visa label? e.g. for getting back into Oz after a trip. Or is it stored electronically?

Cheers.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 8:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. Do you need to get a visa label? e.g. for getting back into Oz after a trip. Or is it stored electronically?

Cheers.
It's stored electronically. You'll have to tell DIAC the new passport number to link with the visa though or you can carry both when travelling.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Briar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I would have the visa label affixed to the new passport. There is no fee and it wont take much time, but can save you massive headaches in the future. I speak entirely from experience!
Old Jun 19th 2012, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

MissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really niceMissingOZ is just really nice

Hi there,

Cheers!
Not sure about the requirements on shore whilst in Australia but if renewing a UK passport inside the UK with PR period still valid then the visa label isnt renewed by UK passport office. It isnt neccessary but can be obtained again by appointment at an Australian office.

Just a heads up for those in the UK in this position......

......If your UK passport has expired and your PR label is still valid then you renew your passport your visa does not neccessarily automatically transfer!!! This discussion had arisen on numerous occassions and advise given is to just travel with your old passport aswell. Just found out that this isnt neccessarily sufficient and a hit and miss as it can cause problems during travel/entry!!

From the UK atleast you need to complete form 929 and.....

You must advise the department of any changes to your
passport details before and after a visa is granted to you.
This includes details of any new passport you obtain to replace
a passport that has expired or been lost/stolen/destroyed, and
any additional passport of another nationality you hold. The
details of any new passport that you provide will be linked to
your record on the department’s systems to facilitate your
travel. Where a new passport has been issued, a certified
copy of this passport must be submitted with this form.
(form 929).

Hope that helps.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 12:05 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Go to your nearest DIAC office.

Better to do so before July 1, as it is probable they will introduce a fee for re-stamping a visa.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 12:55 am
Just Joined

mcduffy is an unknown quantity at this point

I renewed my UK passport in Aus and went to my local DIAC office and they just put the new PR visa stamp in my passport, easy. Can't remember what docs I took though.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 2:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcduffy
I renewed my UK passport in Aus and went to my local DIAC office and they just put the new PR visa stamp in my passport, easy. Can't remember what docs I took though.
You just need your passports