Renew Resident return visa?

Old Oct 21st 2004, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Renew Resident return visa?

My husband had a class AJ resident p210 sub class 105 visa, when this ran out he applied and got a class bb resident return sub class 155, this visa expires April next year, he stayed in Oz for 6 months, had a job, but is back in the UK.
He wants to try and keep his visa, so can he apply for another RRV or has he got to go back to Oz?

Have we any options???
Can anyone help?????

Thanks

Sue
Old Oct 21st 2004, 11:16 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renew Resident return visa?

Originally Posted by sue5665
My husband had a class AJ resident p210 sub class 105 visa, when this ran out he applied and got a class bb resident return sub class 155, this visa expires April next year, he stayed in Oz for 6 months, had a job, but is back in the UK.
He wants to try and keep his visa, so can he apply for another RRV or has he got to go back to Oz?

Have we any options???
Can anyone help?????

Thanks

Sue
He can apply for an RRV offshore (ie in London) but unless he meets the requirements it will be refused.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/968i.pdf

Depends on what the circumstances are but his best option is probably to get back to Australia as soon as possible before his existing RRV expires. He won't be able to travel without a new RRV (after the expiry of his existing visa) but if he is clearly _living_ in Australia (not just visiting) then he has a better chance of getting a new RRV onshore.

And even if it's refused, if he's living there he can keep his PR and just can't travel.

If he lets his visa expire (even by one day) and isn't in Australia on the expiry date, or leaves afterwards without an RRV, then his permanent residence is lost unless he can get a new RRV - usually not easy if he's living in the UK unless there are other ties to Australia he can demonstrate.

Seek professional advice if confused - PR is too important to risk if you don't understand things thoroughly.

If you don't have a visa yourself you'll need a spouse visa and you're not an Australian citizen, your husband can sponsor for this as long as his PR is valid and he's 'usually resident' in Australia.

Jeremy
Old Oct 21st 2004, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Renew Resident return visa?

Originally Posted by JAJ

If you don't have a visa yourself you'll need a spouse visa and you're not an Australian citizen, your husband can sponsor for this as long as his PR is valid and he's 'usually resident' in Australia.

Jeremy

Hi,
Thank for that, I have a class bc resident p640 sub class 100 visa that expires in July 2007 he sponcered me to get this visa.
If he does not renew his is mine still valid?

Sue