renew 457 or ENS

Old Jan 4th 2014, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

welshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nice
Default renew 457 or ENS

HI All,

we've been here over 3 years, 457 expires mid June, OH can only apply for ENS mid March.......here's our problem.........stupid us (mainly me) we've booked a trip home in September! now realise time frame maybe tight for ENS to be granted, as our 457 will have ran out, from what I've been reading we will go from a bridging visa A to a C in the June, thus meaning not being able to apply for bridging visa B, to travel.

so we are thinking of waiting til the June getting another 457 and then when we come back from the UK, applying for ENS, Obv. we will have to pay most of the expenses, as you can't expect a company to pay out for 2 visa's just so we can go on a junt.

any other options?

thanks all for reading
Old Jan 4th 2014, 8:52 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: renew 457 or ENS

Originally Posted by welshdragon2010
HI All,

we've been here over 3 years, 457 expires mid June, OH can only apply for ENS mid March.......here's our problem.........stupid us (mainly me) we've booked a trip home in September! now realise time frame maybe tight for ENS to be granted, as our 457 will have ran out, from what I've been reading we will go from a bridging visa A to a C in the June, thus meaning not being able to apply for bridging visa B, to travel.

so we are thinking of waiting til the June getting another 457 and then when we come back from the UK, applying for ENS, Obv. we will have to pay most of the expenses, as you can't expect a company to pay out for 2 visa's just so we can go on a junt.

any other options?

thanks all for reading
Why don't you apply for ENS now - you only have to work for employer 2 years to go for ENS from temporary residence - http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/186.aspx
Old Jan 4th 2014, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

welshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nice

Only been in current employment since march '12, that is why we can only apply for ENS in March '14, didn't go down the route of assessing skills last year after 1 yrs employment.
If we go down the ENS route in March, when OH goes back to work next week, he is going to ask them to put in their part of the ENS in early, so we can apply at our earliest date, to give us maximum time.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 9:23 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Only been in current employment since march '12, that is why we can only apply for ENS in March '14, didn't go down the route of assessing skills last year after 1 yrs employment.
If we go down the ENS route in March, when OH goes back to work next week, he is going to ask them to put in their part of the ENS in early, so we can apply at our earliest date, to give us maximum time.
DIBP's service charter is giving processing times for 186 as 6 months - http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm but I've heard of grants much quicker than this so I would go that way. Once CO assigned, if needs be inform them of plans for holiday and see what they say.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute

Our decision ready application was submitted in September and approved in November this year. That was medical and pollice checks completed along with the employer ready information. It probably took about two months to get all the paperwork together so its worth doing early anyhow - and that was husband employer migration agent (fragoman) collating everything.

Its possible but needs the employer to be working with you to do so. Talk to them and see what they say about getting the application together ready along with the reason behind you asking.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Thanks both for replies,

looking at the Immi web page and seeing the 6month timeline for ENS, was the reason we're thinking about another 457, then reading the part of decision ready, means you need to use a migration agent, not sure if correct but found a web page that stated $3000, along with having to stump up possibly my visa fees, we think OH works, may pay for his, may not, another $1000 for police checks and medicals. we may get the visa before going back to the UK, but don't think we'll have two pennies to rub together
Old Jan 4th 2014, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute

For us we paid medical and police checks (medibank Sydney for medicals if you want costs) and husband work paid the rest. That is obviously unquie to us and a bonus we didn't get caught with my part of the visa cost too - we would have been prepared to pay if need be.

If you still have all your paperwork from the 457 visa application that was predominantly what we needed for the ens paperwork though did also need an updated CV for me too along with the police, medical checks and all our addresses and overseas for the last 10 yearerrs. Oh Aldo need complete school history, inc primary schools for both of us. What went in the application I am not sure but that was what the migration agents asked for.

Please let me know if you have any more questions on what we supplied and i will do my best to answer.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you think you would be on bridging visa c anyway? Nothing you have said makes me think you would not be on bridging visa a and therefore you could apply for BVB for travel.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

I may well have read all this wrong.
from what I have read on the Immi site is that you will be put on a BVA, while we apply for PR from 457. Can lodge after mid March when he has completed 2 yrs at present job. 457 expires mid June, so if PR hasn't been granted.......would we not then have a substantive visa, and move onto BVC, which says.....you do not hold a substantive visa.

We have just been looking at all the web pages relating to visa's, Immi, migrant agents, medicals, police checks.
OH doesn't go back to work til week Monday he will be talking to them then.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I may well have read all this wrong.
from what I have read on the Immi site is that you will be put on a BVA, while we apply for PR from 457. Can lodge after mid March when he has completed 2 yrs at present job. 457 expires mid June, so if PR hasn't been granted.......would we not then have a substantive visa, and move onto BVC, which says.....you do not hold a substantive visa.

We have just been looking at all the web pages relating to visa's, Immi, migrant agents, medicals, police checks.
OH doesn't go back to work til week Monday he will be talking to them then.
You are misunderstanding.

When you apply for the PR visa, you will have a BVA running in the pipeline but you will still be on the 457 visa. When the 457 visa expires in June, the BVA becomes active and you will be on that until the permanent visa is granted. BVC does not come into it. I am assuming you are staying with the employer of course. Accordingly, you can apply for BVB when you need to travel.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

thanks BS,

that makes life easier, and keeps money in our pockets, unless OH works are going to pay for an agent, we will be lodging it ourselves. as long as whatever visa we are on we can go back to the UK in September I'll be happy, even if we have to pay the fee for BVB
Old Jan 24th 2014, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

weezypenguin is an unknown quantity at this point

if you lodge your selves does it take longer? Also when I run the calculations I assume any extra person over 18 includes the wife...
Work have let me down. they said they would pay and now say the will support but not pay...
Wish they would have told me a while ago. would have made sure we were putting enough away.
Does anyone now how long it take for the first part to be completed? I believe that my employer has to do his first and once successful (hopefully) I can then put my application in. So just wanting to know how long that would take
Old Jan 25th 2014, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I could be wrong but I believe that decision ready applications are no longer operating.. Immigration are no longer prioritising agent lodged visas they just want to process in lodgement order. Complete applications will be processed faster though, regardless of whether lodged by agent or not.