Remaining Relative visa

Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:43 am
Just Joined

jfb_5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Remaining Relative visa

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any info or has been through the process of getting the remaining relative visa? My parents are currently waiting for PR and once that comes through for them I have to find a new visa.

We know we can apply for the remaining relative visa which involves them sponsoring. Just want any info!
Old Jan 21st 2013, 12:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remaining Relative visa

What type of info? Presumably you have read about it on www.immi.gov.au?

onshore version.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/fami...-applicant.htm

offshore version

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/115/

I suppose the main thing to be mindful of on this visa is the very long waiting time.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 1:57 am
Just Joined

Question Re: Remaining Relative visa

The main thing I would like to know is how long after my parents are granted PR can I apply for the remaining relative visa.

immi.gov.au states the sponsor must "usually reside as a PR, citizen in australia"
I'm wanting to know the definition of usually resides as it is very vague.

Thanks,

J
Old Jan 21st 2013, 7:56 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jfb_5
The main thing I would like to know is how long after my parents are granted PR can I apply for the remaining relative visa.

immi.gov.au states the sponsor must "usually reside as a PR, citizen in australia"
I'm wanting to know the definition of usually resides as it is very vague.

Thanks,

J
Hi jfb_5,

I thought you were already living in Australia - what visa are you on?
Old Jan 24th 2013, 7:04 am
Just Joined

I am currently on my fathers 457 visa. However when they get permanent residency I will not be allowed on their visa.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jfb_5
I am currently on my fathers 457 visa. However when they get permanent residency I will not be allowed on their visa.
How come you are allowed on the 457 then? Are you really sure you cannot go on the pr application? Have you checked that with a good agent? I thought something changed recently regarding adult children on 457 visas and this situation.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 9:10 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
How come you are allowed on the 457 then? Are you really sure you cannot go on the pr application? Have you checked that with a good agent? I thought something changed recently regarding adult children on 457 visas and this situation.
Hi JFB,

This is something that the Migration Institute of Australia has been looking at, trying to treat older children of migrating families more humanely. Unfortunately the Department of Immigration only sporadically lurches towards humanity.

However you might be able to benefit from a recent sporadic lurch. As a 457 dependent you may be able to be included in your parent's application - I think you will find that for "temporary residence transition stream" applications lodged after 1 July you can be included.

Email me if this needs clarification.

Cheers,

George Lombard