Remaining Relative Visa

Old Dec 21st 2010, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

maheen1107 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Remaining Relative Visa

Dear All,
All of my immidiate family is plaaning to move to australia. I have two brothers having Australian citizenship, one have student visa ans study there, I have PR and my parents can have deprendant visa. we left our only one sister who is trying to get the PR which seems difficult. I am looking for options for "Offshore Remaning relative visa" but found the follwoing in eligibility criteria

Family in Australia
You must have a brother, sister, parent (or step-equivalent) who is settled and usually resident in Australia and is one of the following:

•an Australian citizen
•an Australian permanent resident
•an eligible New Zealand citizen.
You and your partner cannot have any other brothers, sisters, parents (or step equivalents), or non-dependent children other than those who are usually resident in Australia and are Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens.

My brother in law family is obviously not in australia and than it is mentioned that The following family members can be included in your application:

•your spouse or de facto partner
•your dependent child
•other dependent relatives.
Family members must meet all of the following eligibility requirements.

Can anyone explain? Canmy sister apply for this visa?

Cheers
Maheen
Old Dec 21st 2010, 6:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remaining Relative Visa

Originally Posted by maheen1107
Dear All,
All of my immidiate family is plaaning to move to australia. I have two brothers having Australian citizenship, one have student visa ans study there, I have PR and my parents can have deprendant visa. we left our only one sister who is trying to get the PR which seems difficult. I am looking for options for "Offshore Remaning relative visa" but found the follwoing in eligibility criteria

Family in Australia
You must have a brother, sister, parent (or step-equivalent) who is settled and usually resident in Australia and is one of the following:

•an Australian citizen
•an Australian permanent resident
•an eligible New Zealand citizen.
You and your partner cannot have any other brothers, sisters, parents (or step equivalents), or non-dependent children other than those who are usually resident in Australia and are Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens.

My brother in law family is obviously not in australia and than it is mentioned that The following family members can be included in your application:

•your spouse or de facto partner
•your dependent child
•other dependent relatives.
Family members must meet all of the following eligibility requirements.

Can anyone explain? Canmy sister apply for this visa?

Cheers
Maheen
Can I just clarify - you have a sister who wants to apply for Remaining relative?
She is married?
And her husbands family all live outside of Australia?
Old Dec 21st 2010, 6:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Why would your brother have a student visa when he is an Australian citizen? He doesn't need a visa when he is a citizen.

If there is another brother on a student visa, as well as the two citizen brothers, then this would also preclude your sister from applying for last remaining relative; as there is a brother on a temporary visa.

If your sister is married and her husband has relatives outside Australia then this would also make her ineligible for this visa.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

maheen1107 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes right , she is married and her in laws outside the australia.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 7:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maheen1107
yes right , she is married and her in laws outside the australia.
Then as Bermudashorts says above, she is not eligible for this visa.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 10:27 am
Banned

wemexperts is an unknown quantity at this point

I have some information related to Australian family visa.

Family visa option is an opportunity for the citizens and permanent residents of Australia to bring their relatives to migrate to Australia. Relatives of Australian citizens or permanent residents do not have an automatic right to residence in Australia which includes spouse, fiancée, child, parent or remaining relatives. The applicant must apply the relevant visa and must be sponsored by an Australian citizen or permanent residence that will provide the assurance of support required for them. Legal proof of marriage must be provided in case of spouse visa. Eligible New Zealand citizens are also allowed to bring their families to Australia. Parents older than 63 years of age entitle through an aged parent visa can join their children permanently in Australia through sponsorship. In case of aged parents, their entitlement to the age pension will be subject to their 10 years stay in Australia. This visa can be obtained on temporary or permanent basis depending on the subclass. <snip>

Last edited by moneypenny20; Dec 21st 2010 at 11:22 am. Reason: No advertising in posts thanks.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 11:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wemexperts
I have some information related to Australian family visa.

Family visa option is an opportunity for the citizens and permanent residents of Australia to bring their relatives to migrate to Australia. Relatives of Australian citizens or permanent residents do not have an automatic right to residence in Australia which includes spouse, fiancée, child, parent or remaining relatives. The applicant must apply the relevant visa and must be sponsored by an Australian citizen or permanent residence that will provide the assurance of support required for them. Legal proof of marriage must be provided in case of spouse visa. Eligible New Zealand citizens are also allowed to bring their families to Australia. Parents older than 63 years of age entitle through an aged parent visa can join their children permanently in Australia through sponsorship. In case of aged parents, their entitlement to the age pension will be subject to their 10 years stay in Australia. This visa can be obtained on temporary or permanent basis depending on the subclass. <snip>
None of which is relevant to the OPs situation.