Remaining Relative Visa

Old Sep 20th 2008, 9:25 am
Just Joined

frizzy100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Remaining Relative Visa

Hi,

Just wondered whether anyone on the forum is in the process of applying for the above visa or has managed to obtain one? I have searched through the forum cant seem to find much information.

I am eligible for this visa and wanted to know how long the visa takes to come through from start to finish and of any other issues I should be aware of.

Many thanks
Old Sep 20th 2008, 9:56 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remaining Relative Visa

Hi Frizzy100
Welcome to BE.
I have found some previous threads about remaining relatives - there are quite a few :
http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...earchid=909010
Hope this helps
J x
Old Sep 20th 2008, 11:00 am
Just Joined

Hi, thanks.

I am getting "sorry no matches" when I click on the link - could you perhaps resend or direct me to the threads?

Many thanks.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 3:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frizzy100
Hi, thanks.

I am getting "sorry no matches" when I click on the link - could you perhaps resend or direct me to the threads?

Many thanks.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/search.php
Go to this link and enter the words "remaining relative" into the search box and choose the Australia Immigration forum to search in - search is unreliable at times, but you should find som stuff there. Here are a few to get you going -
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ining+relative
Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:25 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frizzy100
Hi, thanks.

Many thanks.
Sorry about that

Originally Posted by Pollyana
http://britishexpats.com/forum/search.php
Go to this link and enter the words "remaining relative" into the search box and choose the Australia Immigration forum to search in - search is unreliable at times, but you should find som stuff there. Here are a few to get you going -
Polly to the rescue again! You are like my little guardian angel
Can you get me a visa?

J x
Old Sep 21st 2008, 2:36 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Sorry about that

Polly to the rescue again! You are like my little guardian angel
Can you get me a visa?

J x
I would if I could!

The problem with searches (for the info of everyone as its a common issue!) is that the actual search is based on your profile, so when you get a link like your which contains "searchid=" it will only work for you. The actual threads you find can be linked to OK, its just that you can't link to the whole page of results, the search has to be done by the poster themselves. Hope that makes sense!!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 8:26 am
Former Resident Visa

I would if I could!

The problem with searches (for the info of everyone as its a common issue!) is that the actual search is based on your profile, so when you get a link like your which contains "searchid=" it will only work for you. The actual threads you find can be linked to OK, its just that you can't link to the whole page of results, the search has to be done by the poster themselves. Hope that makes sense!!
I did check the link so that explains why it worked for me but not anyone else!
I actually thought it was the search thing playing up - blame the tools and all that
J x
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:47 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
I did check the link so that explains why it worked for me but not anyone else!
I actually thought it was the search thing playing up - blame the tools and all that
J x
The remaining relative category has diminished in size since the changes which made it literally the very last remaining relative without the flexibility of disregarding family black sheep in third countries under the previous legislation. Those changes are about three years old now so earlier threads may not help.

And can I most strongly recommend Polly that instead of allowing BE users to flock like sheep to old threads that they be encouraged to first consult the authoritative sources on this kind of visa, which now include the relevant DIAC booklet, the relevant DIAC website index, and the list of public information sheets from IARC at http://www.iarc.asn.au/publications/index.html . Honestly if you were seeking to avoid downstream problems from hostile parties you should create a prominent and clickable set of links to reliable web sources. Obviously the DIAC sources are above reproach and IARC is so squeaky clean they sit in the Bambi/Mother Teresa purity continuum. Can't say the same for some of your BE punters and posters unfortunately :-)

As it happens the OP would be best off looking at the relevant IARC information sheet.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:44 am
Former Resident Visa

Originally Posted by George Lombard
The remaining relative category has diminished in size since the changes which made it literally the very last remaining relative without the flexibility of disregarding family black sheep in third countries under the previous legislation. Those changes are about three years old now so earlier threads may not help.

And can I most strongly recommend Polly that instead of allowing BE users to flock like sheep to old threads that they be encouraged to first consult the authoritative sources on this kind of visa, which now include the relevant DIAC booklet, the relevant DIAC website index, and the list of public information sheets from IARC at http://www.iarc.asn.au/publications/index.html . Honestly if you were seeking to avoid downstream problems from hostile parties you should create a prominent and clickable set of links to reliable web sources. Obviously the DIAC sources are above reproach and IARC is so squeaky clean they sit in the Bambi/Mother Teresa purity continuum. Can't say the same for some of your BE punters and posters unfortunately :-)

As it happens the OP would be best off looking at the relevant IARC information sheet.

Cheers,

George Lombard
O.k then
I do agree with the links.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 2:15 pm
Home and Happy

Cheers,

George Lombard
Well I'd just love to create a reliable resource that I could spend 24 hours a day updating, but I have a real job as well. I have appealed repeatedly for people to put up to date info in the wiki and have had little response.
I shall take your comments on board and refrain from posting info in future, useful or otherwise. Maybe you would like to suggest to the owners of the forum that they archive threads once they are a few days old just in case. Pity you felt it necessary to criticise me in public for trying to help someone but then thats what most people do nowadays so I'm getting used to it.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 6:34 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I'd just love to create a reliable resource that I could spend 24 hours a day updating, but I have a real job as well. I have appealed repeatedly for people to put up to date info in the wiki and have had little response.
I shall take your comments on board and refrain from posting info in future, useful or otherwise. Maybe you would like to suggest to the owners of the forum that they archive threads once they are a few days old just in case. Pity you felt it necessary to criticise me in public for trying to help someone but then thats what most people do nowadays so I'm getting used to it.

I think George was completely out of order to say what he did in the public forum.

You've helped so many people on here Pollyana, please don't let a random post stop you helping others.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys. I do actually have all of the technical information so to speak - I was more interested to hear from fellow members as to their experience and estimated timescales.

Unfortnately none of the threads I searched seem to be active or are out of date and it would have been good to learn first hand from those who have obtained such a visa how long the process took etc and of any hiccups they felt could have been avoided along the way.

Also any that are currently going through the process as it does seem that only a few manage to obtain this type of visa due the rules.

I am fortunate in that I know that I am eligible etc and have an eligible sponsor but I do get conflicting info re the timescales; from as short as 6 months to as long as 2 years so it was that sort of info I was looking for.

If there is anyone on this site that does have any indication of the timescales etc that would be great.

Many thanks
Old Sep 21st 2008, 8:39 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mary1967
I think George was completely out of order to say what he did in the public forum.

You've helped so many people on here Pollyana, please don't let a random post stop you helping others.
Hi Mary,

Have PM'd you. Nothing personal towards Polly.

Frizzy the processing times vary greatly. According to the data for 2006 - which would include a number of applicants under the old criteria, the grant times range from 3 weeks for someone applying in Malaysia to 5 years for someone applying in Kenya. Six months might be a rational expectation in general, but it might be considerably shorter or longer.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:02 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mary,

Have PM'd you. Nothing personal towards Polly.

Frizzy the processing times vary greatly. According to the data for 2006 - which would include a number of applicants under the old criteria, the grant times range from 3 weeks for someone applying in Malaysia to 5 years for someone applying in Kenya. Six months might be a rational expectation in general, but it might be considerably shorter or longer.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thanks George,

Mary
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:03 pm
Home and Happy

Following on from the implication that I (or BE) have been giving people dodgy or out-of-date info, (and the fact that I am now receiving messages querying some of my posts as a result) it has been suggested by Admin that I draw people's attention to this link at the foot of every page

Final word on the subject.

================================================== =====

And now back to remaining relative visa timelines........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.