Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Rejected for Victoria State Sponsorship - bemused

Rejected for Victoria State Sponsorship - bemused

Old May 18th 2009, 1:28 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rejected for Victoria State Sponsorship - bemused

Originally Posted by scaria197
Guys,

Count me in. Got rejected this morning.. Very surpised with the result.
By the looks of your timeline you already have a case officer, so panic not! Be happy for that much surely? You do have a case officer don't you?!
Old May 18th 2009, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

scaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to all

I totally agree with you. Can a negative SS impact your 175
Old May 18th 2009, 1:32 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

I totally agree with you. Can a negative SS impact your 175
No no no!!! You will just continue along the path you're already on! If you'd gotten sponsorship they'd have changed your path to a 176, so in fact, you're much better off with your 175 as you now have the freedom to live anywhere in Oz, congrats!
Old May 18th 2009, 3:58 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paulry
I was thinking that too. Why would the OP be prepared to morally commit to living in one state just to quicken their application process by a couple of months?? And with no job promise yet on the ground! On the surface at least, it's not strategically sound.
I've morally committed to Victoria because it just so happens that that's where I want to go and live. If the CSL changes, the difference in processing could be quite a considerable length of time. The MODL has already changed once since I started this process and this has affected our application already.

There are a number of reasons for wanting to apply for SS. A faster immigraqtion route is one but another is that a rejection of a 175 visa cannot be apealed against but a rejection against a 176 can.

- CDM
Old May 18th 2009, 4:02 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by juliemtaylor
Maybe because we are worried we will get thrown off the CSL before grant! and maybe even that Vic is really where we want to go and are more than prepared to commit to 2 years and onwards to it's state. There are loads of people happy to apply to three states at a time to upgrade their processing and then reject 2. I know we have the benefit for now of CSL but we waited 4 months for a rejection that could have taken a few weeks or not even bothered if Vic had made their selection criteria more clear.

Very difficult to secure a job in IT without a Visa in hand - we have tried - but positive feedback from various when and if we get there so that is why pursuing a job is not really an option.

I've come to this same conclusion through my own observations also. I've had plenty of agents tell me they can slot me into interviews right off the plane but few companies in the IT world are willing to provide sponsorship at the moment. Perhaps it's different for other skills disciplines but that's the way it is in IT as far as I can tell.

- CDM
Old May 18th 2009, 5:20 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CDM
I've morally committed to Victoria because it just so happens that that's where I want to go and live. If the CSL changes, the difference in processing could be quite a considerable length of time. The MODL has already changed once since I started this process and this has affected our application already.

There are a number of reasons for wanting to apply for SS. A faster immigraqtion route is one but another is that a rejection of a 175 visa cannot be apealed against but a rejection against a 176 can.

- CDM
Mitigating against the risk of coming off the MODL/CSL list sounds fair enough.

As far as I know the right of appeal applies only to 176 family sponsored.
Old May 18th 2009, 5:34 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paulry
Mitigating against the risk of coming off the MODL/CSL list sounds fair enough.

As far as I know the right of appeal applies only to 176 family sponsored.
That's intersting. I wasn't aware of that. I have family in Oz but they are cousins - not close enough family to provide sponsorship (if memory serves).

- CDM
Old May 18th 2009, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CDM
That's intersting. I wasn't aware of that. I have family in Oz but they are cousins - not close enough family to provide sponsorship (if memory serves).

- CDM

Thanks CDM for giving insight into Vic evaluation criteria. I regret taking SS lightly and not attaching link containing my array of 15 certifications when I lodged SS last week. Also my resume isn't that detailed (just 3 pages and projects are not explained)..

Is there anyway by which I can send them my documents again and ask them to update it. I know I can email them, but does anybody has +ve experience from Vic, where their docs were updated..

Now im worried, that I couldn't show my full potential :-(

Last edited by mpgrewal; May 18th 2009 at 5:47 pm.
Old May 18th 2009, 6:15 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

You are right!! this is the reaon why I accepted the VIC SS. I had QLD also in my hand..but I made up my mind not to accept that though I would have to wait for few more months..but I want to go to VIC ..coz of jobs scenerio...

So I will not mind even If I have to stick to one state for 2 years...
coz I know VIC will provide me all opportunities to grow in my field....after that I will not mind moving out of VIC...

Originally Posted by juliemtaylor
Maybe because we are worried we will get thrown off the CSL before grant! and maybe even that Vic is really where we want to go and are more than prepared to commit to 2 years and onwards to it's state. There are loads of people happy to apply to three states at a time to upgrade their processing and then reject 2. I know we have the benefit for now of CSL but we waited 4 months for a rejection that could have taken a few weeks or not even bothered if Vic had made their selection criteria more clear.

Very difficult to secure a job in IT without a Visa in hand - we have tried - but positive feedback from various when and if we get there so that is why pursuing a job is not really an option.

Old May 18th 2009, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

granada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default And Again !

We too got rejected at the weekend.

At least we are not alone

Skills on in demand list ( Network Security)

We are going with my sister who already has Vic SS hence the application.

At least CLS 175's are moving.

Jen x
Old May 18th 2009, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

juliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nice

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Thanks CDM for giving insight into Vic evaluation criteria. I regret taking SS lightly and not attaching link containing my array of 15 certifications when I lodged SS last week. Also my resume isn't that detailed (just 3 pages and projects are not explained)..

Is there anyway by which I can send them my documents again and ask them to update it. I know I can email them, but does anybody has +ve experience from Vic, where their docs were updated..

Now im worried, that I couldn't show my full potential :-(
All I know is that after Vic claimed they 'lost' our attachments in the emailed application and then 'found' them, our Agent had resent as separate files to an email. I would suggest that if you want to sent anything to go with your application you quote your app no they will eventually give you and email it to the skilled email address on their website.

Worth a try.

Julie
Old May 18th 2009, 10:53 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Guys,

Count me in. Got rejected this morning.. Very surpised with the result.
Scaria,

I see you've got a case officer already - why persist with Victorian sponsorship after that point?

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old May 18th 2009, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

scaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to all

Yes George. Got over it already. VIC was applied ages ago and just was surprised to have been rejected- I have a Masters in the field with 7 yrs experience, required certifications and working in a fortune 25 company..so was really surprised at the reject. I just feel maybe I was not as detailed in my resume that may have caused them to reject me.

All will be well that ends well.
Old May 19th 2009, 12:57 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Reading this thread I can see that a lot of Victorian IT applications were rejected recently - their industry panel must have just had a meeting - but I think it's a fair warning to others wanting to go down this path.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old May 19th 2009, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

manix is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys, Been reading this thread with interest, I recieved my ACS positive skills assesment in Network Security - Initial thoughts were to progress with SS for VIC/QLD although reading the thread it seems certainly not a good time for VIC SS at the mo....

QLD... I'm not so sure, but looks like an 8 week wait to find out is worth a shot.

One question - do you guys think I should progress with the 175 application now, and then also send off SS application for Queensland also with a view to transferring to a 176 if successful? Is this a good approach? Is anyone in progress with something similar at present?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.