Regions closest to Perth

Old Jun 10th 2007, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

sunny side will become famous soon enough
Default Regions closest to Perth

Hi,

We are looking at going to Perth Regions on a SIR visa. Kindly advise the regions closest to Perth, which also has good schools and facilities for kids between 5yrs to 17 yrs.

Thanks

Mari
Old Jun 10th 2007, 4:48 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Regions closest to Perth

Originally Posted by sunny side
Hi,

We are looking at going to Perth Regions on a SIR visa. Kindly advise the regions closest to Perth, which also has good schools and facilities for kids between 5yrs to 17 yrs.
Perth itself is not eligible for SIR.

If you take a look at the map, you'll see that most of WA is a long way from Perth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Australia
Old Jun 10th 2007, 11:29 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks

Mari
Have absolutely no idea, but have a look HERE to see if there are any areas you like.

WA is a very large place - 1/3rd size Europe, so to get good responses, you need to narrow down the search area. Are you thinking North, South or East of Perth? and how regional do you want to be ? 1 hr, 3 hours or 10 hrs?

The more info you give the forum, the more we can help you.

Regards
Mairi
Old Jun 10th 2007, 11:37 am
SJR
Forum Regular

SJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to all

Hi,

Thanks

Mari
Hi,

We are on a SIR visa and are living in Albany, the Great Southern region. We were sponsored by the Great Southern but not the Peel region (1st choice). We then looked at the map of the GS and Albany was the biggest town. When I first arrived here (about 17 months ago) I felt that I wouldn't settle as it was so different to what I was used to. Things are different now, we are very settled and feel lucky to live in such a lovely part of Australia. Good luck.

Sandra
Old Jun 10th 2007, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

sunny side will become famous soon enough

Thanks.

We are looking at Peel. Pls let us know any details you may have about this region.

Mari
Old Jun 10th 2007, 12:25 pm
SJR
Forum Regular

SJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to all

Thanks.

We are looking at Peel. Pls let us know any details you may have about this region.

Mari
Our first choice was the Peel region but there didn't seem to be any demand for my husbands skills there (software developer). We recently had a meeting in Mandurah (first time we'd been) and we thought it was lovely. They've got a lovely marina area which is fairly new with nice coffee shops etc looking onto the marina. We were very impressed with the area. I think Mandurah is in the Peel region. Also, it only takes about 50 minutes to get from Perth to Mandurah as we drove down from Perth, at peak time. There is a rail system that is almost finished from Mandurah to Perth. I think it's due to complete very soon.

Sandra
Old Jun 10th 2007, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

OzMiner is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Regions closest to Perth

Western Australia postcodes
except Perth and surrounding areas
6041 to 6044
6083 to 6084
6121 to 6126
6200 to 6799

Mandurah is 6210

Cheers
Old Jun 15th 2007, 4:47 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SJR
Our first choice was the Peel region but there didn't seem to be any demand for my husbands skills there (software developer). We recently had a meeting in Mandurah (first time we'd been) and we thought it was lovely. They've got a lovely marina area which is fairly new with nice coffee shops etc looking onto the marina. We were very impressed with the area. I think Mandurah is in the Peel region. Also, it only takes about 50 minutes to get from Perth to Mandurah as we drove down from Perth, at peak time. There is a rail system that is almost finished from Mandurah to Perth. I think it's due to complete very soon.

Sandra

errrrrr........
one point to note regarding the "lovely marina area" in Mandurah ...

Its plagued with mozzies. A lot of people who bought there a couple of years ago are selling up because of this problem.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
errrrrr........
one point to note regarding the "lovely marina area" in Mandurah ...

Its plagued with mozzies. A lot of people who bought there a couple of years ago are selling up because of this problem.
Are you talking of Port Bouvard? I guess all canal style developments have the problem if there is no current circling the water a bit around.