Regional Skilled Visa Question

Old Apr 8th 2004, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Mr&MrsPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Regional Skilled Visa Question

According to the designated areas for skilled migration, which it is belived will be the same for the regional visa's. You could opt for an area just outside of perth, say mandurah. Do you think that settle just means live there but you could work in Perth city.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

simbacat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Regional Skilled Visa Question

Originally posted by Mr&MrsPom
According to the designated areas for skilled migration, which it is belived will be the same for the regional visa's. You could opt for an area just outside of perth, say mandurah. Do you think that settle just means live there but you could work in Perth city.
Highly unlikely but really you need to wait to see what it means. We have been looking same area as you but you will have to wait until all details are out in the open.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by simbacat
Highly unlikely but really you need to wait to see what it means. We have been looking same area as you but you will have to wait until all details are out in the open.
Whats the point of making people go to areas where there aren't any jobs. If you settle there though and work elsewehere you are still bringing something to the enviroment, ie using utilities, shopping etc
Old Apr 8th 2004, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Whats the point of making people go to areas where there aren't any jobs. If you settle there though and work elsewehere you are still bringing something to the enviroment, ie using utilities, shopping etc
We thought the same thing what is the point but unless they tell us we will not know. Don't get me wrong we are hoping for the same as you, would love living in Mandurah. We even consider a total career change but unless we have been given all the details we don't know. It is crazy!!!
Old Apr 8th 2004, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Just reminds me what does your husband do?
Old Apr 8th 2004, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by simbacat
Just reminds me what does your husband do?
I will pm you