Regarding Engineer Australia assessment

Old Dec 12th 2009, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

magnetech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Regarding Engineer Australia assessment

Hello Everyone,

I am a mechanical engineer with more than 1 year experience as drilling engineer. Done with my ielts, got 7.5 overall.

As the 1st step for visa is I've to be registered with EA. Now,

----Will my experience be counted as a mech engg or petroleum engg as my experience is totally that of petroleum engineer(drilling). kindly elaborate....

----If say I apply in one of the above category, what official documents do i need to send for registration e.g Experience letter from company. degree etc...
Old Dec 13th 2009, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Kalyan.k will become famous soon enoughKalyan.k will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Regarding Engineer Australia assessment

Hi magnetech,

If you are applying to EA for assessment then there is no need for doing registration. Registration is required only if you would like to work in a particular state of Australia.

As far as your CDR is concerned its up to you. Which Occupation would you like to apply for EA ? Is it for "MEchanical Engineer" or "Petroleum Engineer" !

If you choose Mechanical Engineer then you need to prepare a CDR based on your academic qualifications.
If you choose Petroleum Engineer then you need to prepare a CDR based on your work experience.
Any of the above options will work.

Reference letter is required only if you are writing a Career Episode based on your work experience.

Regards
Kalyan
Old Dec 13th 2009, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

intellect20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi magnetech,

Write CDR and get your assessment for an occupation that is on CSL. CSL applicants are processed on priority. Check which one of the engineering occupation is on CSL and prepare your CDR for that occupation.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

intellect20 is an unknown quantity at this point

what do you wanna ask for?
Originally Posted by swaps_72
Can anyone help me for CDR of Electrical design engineer.?????
Old Jan 9th 2010, 8:03 am
Just Joined

swaps_72 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am design engineer in oil and gas for electrical systems. I need sample CDR to prepare for assessment to Engineers Australia.

Swapnil

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jan 9th 2010 at 9:50 am. Reason: Removed email address again
Old Jan 9th 2010, 8:57 am
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

Magnetech,
I'd suggest you had better go to the IEA site, details at end of SOL list - a link @ http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...led-migration/

Qualifications assessment will be either very much on the degree you have or for CDR I suspect there'll be many more than just one years experience required.

When you apply for immigration [and choose Visa Options on above page] your Drilling Engineering experience may be considered as suitable closely related experience for a mechanical engineer.

Swaps, you need to have a look at the same approach.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 9:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swaps_72
i am Electrical design engineer for oil and gas. I need CDR sample as i want to prepare for Engineers Australia assessment
If you could stop asking the same question, it would be good. Also please don't post your email address on public forum, we don't encourage it and it's not sensible.