Regarding ACS Qualification assessment

Old Mar 15th 2015, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

khsengineer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Regarding ACS Qualification assessment

Dear experts,

I received my ACS result letter, and I have a question regarding the assessment of my qualification. The ACS letter states -

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Your qualifications have been assessed as follows:

Your MASTER OF SOFTWARE ENGINEERING from [UNIVERSITY] completed January 2005 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.

Your BACHELOR OF SCIENCE from [UNIVERSITY] completed December 2001 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Associate Degree with a major in computing.

My 1st question is; what degree option should I select from the following screenshot taken from EOI qualification section for my Master of Software Engineering degree which ACS assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.

1. Doctoral Degree (Other)
2. Doctoral Degree in Science, Business or Technology
3. Masters Degree (Other)
4. Masters Degree in Science, Business or Technology
5. Honours Degree (Other)
6. Honours Degree in Science, Business or Technology
7. Bachelor Degree (Other)
8. Bachelor Degree in Science, Business or Technology
9. Graduate Diploma
10. Advanced Diploma
11. Diploma
12. AQF Certificate IV
13. AQF Certificate III
14. Other qualification or award recognised by assessing authority
15. Other - Non AQF Accreditation

Secondly, do I need to add my other lower degrees as well (Bachelor, Intermediate & Secondary) or is it only my highest qualification (MSE) degree is required in EOI?

I will really appreciate your guidance.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Regarding ACS Qualification assessment

Any expert who can please guide me with the above question/post? I really need a reply to proceed.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 7:17 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by khsengineer
Any expert who can please guide me with the above question/post? I really need a reply to proceed.
If you need an experts help, then you need a MARA agent. The forum for the most part is made up of ordinary folk like yourself who help voluntarily when they can.

Please don't bump threads again
Old Mar 17th 2015, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

sydney_india is on a distinguished road

you have to choose 8th option Bachelor Degree in Science, Business or Technology.
Old Jun 14th 2015, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

robee_me is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the same assessment and I have same doubt. Please reply if you got the correct answer.
Old Jun 14th 2015, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

I have selected 4th option "Masters Degree in Science, Business or Technology" as this is my actual qualification and true. And if you check Migration points fact sheet you will find that both Bachelor & Master degree have equal points (15) so it doesn't mater whether you select Bachelor or Masters because DIAC can only complain if you over claim points in your EOI and if you select Masters or Bachelor your points remain the same.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Sara Kalam is an unknown quantity at this point

i guess you should select Bachelors degree in business science or technology.
I am an ACCA member and my skills assessment stated that my qualification is equivalent to bachelors. Hence i selected Bachelors while applying for state nomination, and plan to do the same in my visa application.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Hi Sara & Robee,

Please read from the following screenshot that is taken from the Australian Immigration website.

They have mentioned that if you hold a Master qualification, whether obtained in Australia or overseas, you will be eligible for the award of 15 points if the relevant assessing authority has recognised the qualification to at least an Australian Bachelor degree.

So what I understand that you can safely select Master qualification if your assessing authority recognised it equivalent to their Bachelor degree.

Please correct if I am wrong...
Old Jun 18th 2015, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Sara Kalam is an unknown quantity at this point

If i were you, I would have selected Bachelors degree for two reasons:

1. The assessing authority recognizes my degree being equal to a bachelors in Australia
2.Both , Masters and Bachelors degree award same 15 points, so why write something in the application that may cause them to belief we tried to cross them!

Others may state their opinion.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

On the other hand, where you select your highest qualification e.g. Master degree, you also need to enter the University name. Now I have done my Bachelors from a different university, Let say [ABC] and Master from [XYZ]. So if I select Bachelors degree and enter the university name as [XYZ] then it's becomes totally opposite, confusing and may be false as my bachelors is from [ABC]. I hope you are getting my point.

And when they clearly mentioned that you can claim 15 points for Masters if the relevant assessing authority has recognised the qualification to at least an Australian Bachelor degree then I don't see any problem.

However, we also look forward to an expert's opinion on this.
Old Dec 8th 2015, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

aqadir is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,

kindly let me know the duration of masters and subject you studied.
and from which county or university name.

i received my assesment as AQF associate degree in may 2015 and mistakenly i did not gave my master which is one year 10 subjects.

now i am confused weather to have reassessment or not.

If my master is assessed as bachelor degree , it will be great.

Please do reply and other member also help me. TIA