Wikiposts

refusing visas

Old Jul 31st 2006, 6:31 am
Just Joined

Mike B has a spectacular aura aboutMike B has a spectacular aura aboutMike B has a spectacular aura about
Default refusing visas

Hello All,

Does anybody have an idea how many people are refused visas, and any reasons for this. Our paperwork has only just gone in at the beginning of June and we are panicking about whether or not we will get a visa.

I know I may be being irrational, but this is our dream and I am wondering what reasons are usually given for rejection.

Thanks

Mike B
Old Jul 31st 2006, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: refusing visas

Originally Posted by Mike B
Hello All,

Does anybody have an idea how many people are refused visas, and any reasons for this. Our paperwork has only just gone in at the beginning of June and we are panicking about whether or not we will get a visa.

I know I may be being irrational, but this is our dream and I am wondering what reasons are usually given for rejection.

Thanks

Mike B
Hi Mike, I switched over to immigration to see what replies you got and ffs, nothing so far. We had a bit of trouble with a child disability and thought we were goosed but after lots of worry and stress, it was granted. I was trying to think of reasons 1) Been in Jail for over a year. 2)Bad ? disability. 3) Not enough points etc. I honestly don't know the answer but surely ppl would have a good idea before applying, so maybe the figure is low.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 9:04 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All,

Thanks

Mike B

Oh Mike my love, you have reopened my personal can of juicy worms.

I have heard of one or two being refused on health grounds, but that is about it.

I cant even think about us getting refused. Half a minute, that is all I think about.

Welcome to the mad house.

Old Jul 31st 2006, 12:23 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All,

Thanks

Mike B
I've seen on other forums people getting refused because they have not provided enough evidence for marriage/defacto visas, health issues, not enough points for skilled visas, lying on applications, DIMA being unable to confirm work experience for skilled visas, etc. Also bear in mind that once your visa is issued, if it is found that you lied on your initial application it can be revoked.
So long as you have been as honest as possible, and not tried to hide anything you should be fine. Really, it's perfectly normal to panic. We went through all the what if's before our visa was granted. Right down to almost buying a new house here being positive that we would be refused. I think we all go a little nuts with the waiting.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 12:27 pm
Dave Programmer

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/cth/MRTA/

Mike B wrote:
    > Hello All,
    > Does anybody have an idea how many people are refused visas, and any
    > reasons for this. Our paperwork has only just gone in at the beginning
    > of June and we are panicking about whether or not we will get a visa.
    > I know I may be being irrational, but this is our dream and I am
    > wondering what reasons are usually given for rejection.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Mike B
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 1st 2006, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

WESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dave Programmer
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/cth/MRTA/

Mike B wrote:
    > Hello All,
    > Does anybody have an idea how many people are refused visas, and any
    > reasons for this. Our paperwork has only just gone in at the beginning
    > of June and we are panicking about whether or not we will get a visa.
    > I know I may be being irrational, but this is our dream and I am
    > wondering what reasons are usually given for rejection.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Mike B
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
The MRTA publishes about 20% of the merits review cases heard. There have been many refused who had no merits review rights and others who had review rights and did not exercise them for financial or other reasons. Apart from that a significant number of applicants are refused at the skills assessment stage.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 12:13 am
Banned

RegisteredAgent is an unknown quantity at this point

On average Dima reject 4 out of 5 visas. This is based on international figures and was discussed at the CPD conference I attended in Italy in July. There are over 1 million applications for skilled visas to DIMA each year, and only 250 000 are granted each year. Now these arent concrete figures, just something I remember from my discussions with the group. You can download statistics from DIMAs website
Old Aug 1st 2006, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: refusing visas

Originally Posted by RegisteredAgent
On average Dima reject 4 out of 5 visas.
crikey all mighty - that's a madly high number, for those of us who have to hand in notices and sell houses whilst waiting for approval it's very very scary.

My opinion is ... those that come on forums like this seem to know a bit more, more educated, don't lie, work out all the opinions etc and you honestly don't get many posts about being refused!

Good luck!
Old Aug 1st 2006, 12:40 am
Account Closed

icequeen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

On average Dima reject 4 out of 5 visas. This is based on international figures and was discussed at the CPD conference I attended in Italy in July. There are over 1 million applications for skilled visas to DIMA each year, and only 250 000 are granted each year. Now these arent concrete figures, just something I remember from my discussions with the group. You can download statistics from DIMAs website

Bloody Hell!!!!

Sounds scary indeed..............
Old Aug 1st 2006, 12:45 am
Banned

Originally Posted by icequeen1
Bloody Hell!!!!

Dont let it scare you. Like I said I dont know what the concrete figures are. You have to keep in mind that 9 out of 10 people filling in these forms arent native english speakers.

The forms are difficult enough if English is your native language, let alone if its your second language. If you want to increase your chances use a registered migration agent to lodge your application or at least get it checked by one.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

WESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by icequeen1
Bloody Hell!!!!

The numbers quoted are wildly incorrect. On the other hand there are registered migration agents who post on this forum, including me, who claim 100% success rate in finalised skilled visa aplications.

Have fun

Westly Russell

RMA 0316072
Old Aug 1st 2006, 1:07 am
Banned

Originally Posted by WESTLY
The numbers quoted are wildly incorrect. On the other hand there are registered migration agents who post on this forum, including me, who claim 100% success rate in finalised skilled visa aplications.

Have fun

Westly Russell

RMA 0316072
These were the figures that were advised to us at the CPD conference held by Lorenzo Boccabella in Lipari Italy. The actual statistics are not published (well not from what I can find) but DIMAs statistics can be found at
http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/index.htm

Like Westly I advise that you use a registered agent in order to maximise your success rate.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

These were the figures that were advised to us at the CPD conference held by Lorenzo Boccabella in Lipari Italy. The actual statistics are not published (well not from what I can find) but DIMAs statistics can be found at
http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/index.htm

Like Westly I advise that you use a registered agent in order to maximise your success rate.
I thought most these visas are rejected at the acknowlegment stage.

i.e if you apply for a skilled visa and don't have a skill ...then you'd be rejected before acknowledgment and a 6 month+ wait.

Maybe wrong about this one though.

TC
Old Aug 1st 2006, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: refusing visas

On average Dima reject 4 out of 5 visas

Thank god this does NOT mean that you only have a 20% chance of succeeding in your application.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 2:00 am
Banned

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Thank god this does NOT mean that you only have a 20% chance of succeeding in your application.
I've actually talked to a number of my colleagues, all who are registered agents and they had heard similiar figures. But like I said, I have no concrete numbers on this to back this claim up. This probably does include invalid applications etc.

Ryan Kroonenburg
RMA #0531502
http://www.askamigrationagent.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.