Default refusal ? But what about NZ?

If i have been refused a permanent residency visa for australia for
one reason or another, would this have a detremental effect on
applying for the same visa for New Zealand? i.e. do they converse
between one another?
cheers.

Old Sep 10th 2003, 1:10 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: refusal ? But what about NZ?

Originally posted by Luke
between one another?
cheers.
Do you want to live in NZ?
Old Sep 10th 2003, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

morganj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Luke,

Personally I don't think so. I think these immigration departments have enough on their hands to be worrying about people trying to get into NZ (having failed in Oz) or vice-versa.

Even in the worse case scenario, you could always appeal. And in a worse case still, you could apply in two years time (that's what one of agents from Four Corners migration told me).

I guess you're looking at NZ as a means of getting into Oz? I understand that it is a well worn path!

I kind of agree with southerner though, you must want to live there (at least until you're permitted to swim across the Tasman sea) Equally though, I think the UK is being used by native English speakers as a gateway to Europe.

Cheers,
Jay
Old Sep 10th 2003, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Your best bet is to hire an agent to work on your behalf. I think It all depends upon what exactly you have been refused entry to OZ for, as to whether NZ would accept you. Bearing in mind the reciprocal aggrement between the two as far as residency is concerned, I would imagine they (NZ) may well take a dim view if you have been refused by Oz. In theory, NZ want people to stay for the rest of their lifes and not 2 yrs. Good luck to you though mate, and get yourself some good advice from a professional.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

morganj is an unknown quantity at this point

I concur with steandleigh - for what little choice do I have. steandleigh obviously has a better understanding of the situation. Good luck in your endeavours Luke!
Old Sep 10th 2003, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Luke, it makes no difference whatsoever if you're refused for Aus, as long as you meet the criteria for NZ.

Gra..
Old Sep 11th 2003, 3:48 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Luke
between one another?
cheers.
Luke,

I'm not sure if the two departments communicate with each other.

But, if you have been refused for a skilled visa (for example) for Australia because of insufficient points, then it's nothing to worry about, obviously.

If you have been refused a skilled visa due to characeter/medical problems, then I would think these problems won't go away so easily when/if you apply to NZ.

Of course, there are different thresholds for family visas in Australia and NZ.

In short, it all depends. Your question is too generic, but yet too specific.

Peter
Old Sep 11th 2003, 8:05 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ptlabs
Luke,

I'm not sure if the two departments communicate with each other.

But, if you have been refused for a skilled visa (for example) for Australia because of insufficient points, then it's nothing to worry about, obviously.

If you have been refused a skilled visa due to characeter/medical problems, then I would think these problems won't go away so easily when/if you apply to NZ.

Of course, there are different thresholds for family visas in Australia and NZ.

In short, it all depends. Your question is too generic, but yet too specific.

Peter
And if you were refused for Oz because of "irregularities" in your application, then I would expect that would probably be known in NZ. I think the 2 departments would work together on anti-fraud measures. I say this, because I'm reading between the lines of your inquiry (maybe wrongly) that you are worried about some specific information getting into NZIS's hands.

And as a kiwi, I will come right out and say it. If you want to live in Australia not NZ, then do not apply for NZ residency. That would be very wrong and would take away the opportunity from someone else more worthy.

Hope for your sake I'm being paranoid. If so, all the best with your application and may you have a long and happy life in NZ.

Regards....
Old Sep 11th 2003, 11:09 pm
Lynn

"luke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > If i have been refused a permanent residency visa for australia for
    > one reason or another, would this have a detremental effect on
    > applying for the same visa for New Zealand? i.e. do they converse
    > between one another?
    > cheers.

There is no information sharing between the departments.
However, if you plan to use NZ as a means to get into Australia you may be
in for a shock.
If Australia has refused you entry this does not magically go away.
Australia can, and does, refuse entry to individuals regardless of their
residency.
If you really want to live in NZ then by all means, apply.
However, don't count on being able to just hop the ditch as you may find
that way blocked.

Lynn