Reference letter for ACS for your review

Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

manumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nice
Default Reference letter for ACS for your review

Hi,
I have prepared my own reference letter that I'll be forwarding to HR within my company, which hopefully they'll sign and return. Before I send it off to HR, I would like the senior members of the board to have a look at it and let me know if I've missed anything important. Few more things :

In addition to the experience listed in this letter, I have 3.5 years of prior experience. I'll either get reference letters from colleagues in my previous jobs or sign a declaration.

For each of the job descriptions / titles, I am trying to get an additional reference letter from a colleague who was working with me on the project. Is it necessary to have additional references for each project, or if I have some but not all will it be OK.

If anyone wants to use the format to create his / her own letter, please feel free to do so.

Regards
Manumani
Attached Files
File Type: doc
HR Reference Letter - Anon.doc (30.5 KB, 187 views)
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

manumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nice
Default Re: Reference letter for ACS for your review

Anyone ????
Old Sep 17th 2008, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Satch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to all

I would think it depends on which ASCO code you are trying for and whether you are expecting/wanting MODL points as well. For me, I am focusing equally on my techie skills as well as my management skills and putting a lot of technical skills in there and applications used.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

I am not applying for MODL skills as all my developer experience was more than 5 years old. I will be applying for ASCO-1244-11, as a large part my career has been in project management roles, or ASCO-2231-79

Based on this, would you say that the company reference letter looks OK ?

Regards
Manumani
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Originally Posted by manumani
Hi,
I have prepared my own reference letter that I'll be forwarding to HR within my company, which hopefully they'll sign and return. Before I send it off to HR, I would like the senior members of the board to have a look at it and let me know if I've missed anything important. Few more things :

In addition to the experience listed in this letter, I have 3.5 years of prior experience. I'll either get reference letters from colleagues in my previous jobs or sign a declaration.

For each of the job descriptions / titles, I am trying to get an additional reference letter from a colleague who was working with me on the project. Is it necessary to have additional references for each project, or if I have some but not all will it be OK.

If anyone wants to use the format to create his / her own letter, please feel free to do so.

Regards
Manumani
Well the attached letter is fine enough. For your previous experience if u don't have the reference from the ex-employer then better to get one from them, if in case the company is close down then for this u can get reference letter from the colleague, also attach his /her business card with the letter. Moreover attach a letter explaining why u attached the personal letter from colleague for you previous job. Well the above workaround worked for me.

Cheers
Malik
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Hi Malik,
The previous company that I worked for has not closed down, but it's too much of a hassle to get the letter from them. I am in US and the company is in India. Hence I was thinking of going the affidavit route. It's much easier that way.

Would you be OK sharing your reference letters, including your explanation , so that I get a flavor of what the letter should look like ? IF so, please PM me and I shall give you my email address.

Regards
Manumani