Wikiposts

Recent Work Experience Requirement

Old Apr 20th 2008, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

WannaB will become famous soon enoughWannaB will become famous soon enough
Default Recent Work Experience Requirement

for skilled independent visa?

Hi all

We have been thinking of moving to Aus for a while. I've been on the immigration website and think I've got a handle on how it all works but was wondering if someone could clarify something for me.

If you get a positive skills assessment for your nominated occupation on the SOL list does your 12 months recent work experience have to be in a field closely related to the one you've nominated. It doesn't actually say this on the website - it just says that you have to have 12 months work experience in AN occupation on the skills list.

Thanks
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

TandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Recent Work Experience Requirement

I have looked into this very closely and read other forums and posts on here. The 12 months recent work experience can be in ANY occupation on the list, as stated on the IMMI website. read booklet 6 too.

If you wanted to get points for 'specific work experience' then they would need to be closey related. This is different to the recent work experience requirement.

I think its better if both your nominated and work experience occupation are on the same skill level - ie both 50 point occupations.

check out this link http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507330
and search the posts here as this has been asked a number of times.

Last edited by TandC23; Apr 22nd 2008 at 10:46 pm. Reason: typo
Old May 1st 2008, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

WannaB will become famous soon enoughWannaB will become famous soon enough

wow, thank you - very helpful indeed!
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:01 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TandC23
I have looked into this very closely and read other forums and posts on here. The 12 months recent work experience can be in ANY occupation on the list, as stated on the IMMI website. read booklet 6 too.
True - but if you are claiming work experience in a different SOL occupation be prepared for them to look closely to see if it is really "skilled".