Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Recent Work Experience and Basic Requirements

Wikiposts

Recent Work Experience and Basic Requirements

Old Nov 15th 2005, 9:46 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recent Work Experience and Basic Requirements

Originally Posted by Single Mum
Was your baby born before you lodge the application? Did you include her name in the form 47sk as a child included in the application?

I was actually wondering if I can do that, lodge the application where my baby is not included in the application, then just submit a change in circumstances to include my baby in the application. Is this acceptable?
no we didn't include her in the application we just sent the change in circs form (1022) with the relevant documentation a month after she was born.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Single Mum
Was your baby born before you lodge the application? Did you include her name in the form 47sk as a child included in the application?

I was actually wondering if I can do that, lodge the application where my baby is not included in the application, then just submit a change in circumstances to include my baby in the application. Is this acceptable?
you could do that but there is no need - let's take a worse case scenario - let's say that the booklet 6 was correct and you lodge your application i ntime but without the birth cert for your baby. ASPC write back and say the application for your baby is invalid, but yours is OK - you then later add your baby to the application similar to Jonah's Mummy. You have nothing to lose- the only way you can possibly lose is if you don't get the application in soon and miss your deadline. Get it in now - I sent a case once via TNT and Sydney customs held it for over a week before it was delivered to ASPC - don;t leave it until the last minute.

Tony
Old Nov 16th 2005, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by welshtony
is a bit of a long story - I worked for DIMIA in Perth from 1986 to 1996 and then became a Registered Agent operating in Perth from 1996. I left Australia for Ireland in April 2001, my wife is from Cork. I spent the next 4.5 years mainly working for a UK based Migration Organisation, providing them with advice and skills assessment services, so my client contact was minimal and, as I was operating outside Australia I did not need to be Registered. So over the last 10 years, my membership has lapsed 3 times I think. It is no problem as long as I re-register within 12 months of my lapse which I always do.

My last registration expired 16th March 2005. I now no longer work for the UK company so am having to get out into the real world again and start up my own business in Ireland/UK but I am between jobs in that my registration may not be sorted until the new year. I can hardly take on clients after advising everybody they should only engage a Registered Migration Agent. So normally, I would not have time to give such detailed answers to postings, but while I have the time, it does me no harm to do this as I have always worked behind the scenes for the UK company and not a lot of people have heard of me.

So there you have it, in a nutshell.

Regards

Tony
Dear Tony,

on behalf of everyone here. we really appreciate the time and effort you are putting in here to help us less-knowledgeables

Old Nov 16th 2005, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by welshtony
you could do that but there is no need - let's take a worse case scenario - let's say that the booklet 6 was correct and you lodge your application i ntime but without the birth cert for your baby. ASPC write back and say the application for your baby is invalid, but yours is OK - you then later add your baby to the application similar to Jonah's Mummy. You have nothing to lose- the only way you can possibly lose is if you don't get the application in soon and miss your deadline. Get it in now - I sent a case once via TNT and Sydney customs held it for over a week before it was delivered to ASPC - don;t leave it until the last minute.

Tony
Tony is right, it would be a shame if your application overshoots your deadline (then you lose your points) over something that may have been easily worked out.......
Old Nov 16th 2005, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Single Mum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by obiwan
Tony is right, it would be a shame if your application overshoots your deadline (then you lose your points) over something that may have been easily worked out.......

Thanks so much Tony! I'll do my best to secure the birth certificate and passport of my baby before end of the month. But if I can't get it, I will not wait until December to lodge my application so I won't miss my deadline.

Regards.