Recent Medical History of Cancer

Old Aug 8th 2008, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

aprilkeogh will become famous soon enoughaprilkeogh will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Recent Medical History of Cancer

I did ring one agent to ask and he said it wasn't the best that it hadnt been long - but not impossible given good prognosis. But then he said that all I can do is try - or wait for a while first. So he wasnt much help really.

We are thinking of leaving it till next year to visit then apply end of next year, by the time my medical comes round it will be a good two and half years. Just dont want to put it off too long then loose momentum of wanting to make the move
Old Aug 8th 2008, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

newlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nice

Originally Posted by aprilkeogh
Is there any point in us rushing out there though and applying for visas now seen as its only been 6 month or should we wait a year or two??

Sure everything will be fine - not worried about that - i'm more worried about wasting money on flights and visas and not getting in. Dont want to apply too early and risk getting knocked back. What do you think??
Aprilkeogh I have PM you
Old Aug 9th 2008, 11:25 am
Just Joined

davies1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just run into a problem with a previous history with cancer as part of my transfer to the Australian Air Force.

3 years ago, a small birthmark on my nose mutated slightly and I had to have a very small (1mm x 3mm) bit of cancerous tissue removed from it. Since then, everythings been fine and I've had no problems with my birthmark whatsoever.

However, the RAAF seems to think it is a problem and is talking about me having to be 5-years free before they'll take me on. I'm fighting my corner, getting letters from my doctor and the consultant to put a positive spin on my situation, but I'm not hopeful.

Of course, all this happened after I received my formal job offer, so we are now probably going to have to take our house off the market (probably wouldn't have sold anway!) and I'm going to have to look at a Plan B here in the UK.

The whole thing has turned into a nightmare, literally in the past week.

I just hope, that if, by some miracle, the RAAF give me a medical waiver, the immigration medical won't be a problem.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

kayos has much to be proud ofkayos has much to be proud ofkayos has much to be proud ofkayos has much to be proud ofkayos has much to be proud ofkayos has much to be proud ofkayos has much to be proud ofkayos has much to be proud ofkayos has much to be proud ofkayos has much to be proud ofkayos has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aprilkeogh
I did ring one agent to ask and he said it wasn't the best that it hadnt been long - but not impossible given good prognosis. But then he said that all I can do is try - or wait for a while first. So he wasnt much help really.

We are thinking of leaving it till next year to visit then apply end of next year, by the time my medical comes round it will be a good two and half years. Just dont want to put it off too long then loose momentum of wanting to make the move
Hi aprilkeogh, I've PM'd you
Old Aug 14th 2008, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

jatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nice

Originally Posted by davies1970
I've just run into a problem with a previous history with cancer as part of my transfer to the Australian Air Force.

3 years ago, a small birthmark on my nose mutated slightly and I had to have a very small (1mm x 3mm) bit of cancerous tissue removed from it. Since then, everythings been fine and I've had no problems with my birthmark whatsoever.

However, the RAAF seems to think it is a problem and is talking about me having to be 5-years free before they'll take me on. I'm fighting my corner, getting letters from my doctor and the consultant to put a positive spin on my situation, but I'm not hopeful.

Of course, all this happened after I received my formal job offer, so we are now probably going to have to take our house off the market (probably wouldn't have sold anway!) and I'm going to have to look at a Plan B here in the UK.

The whole thing has turned into a nightmare, literally in the past week.

I just hope, that if, by some miracle, the RAAF give me a medical waiver, the immigration medical won't be a problem.
In collecting ur evidence look at the NICE guidlines...you may find research or evidence based thinking in the medical profession which provides an insight into risk factors of re-occurance.

http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/inde...=7165&set=true

Hope this can help in some way!