Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Recent Experience V/S Specific experience ?

Recent Experience V/S Specific experience ?

Old Dec 11th 2008, 2:27 am
Mauritian Member

jen_mj12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recent Experience V/S Specific experience ?

Hello people,

Booklet 6 says that in order to meet the basic qualifications you must have been employed at least 12 out of the latest 24 months prior lodging your application (recent work experience) but one agent told us that we would not qualify because my hubby's been working for two years only and for him to qualify he must have 4 years of work experience for a 50 points job which falls under category 'Managers' (which to my understand of things is the specific experience thing) - And when i refer back to booklet 6, its written for specific experience, 3 years out of the latest 4 years
any clue of what the agent was talking about ? He didnt seem competent and got us more confused than we already were.
thanks
Old Dec 11th 2008, 5:25 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recent Experience V/S Specific experience ?

Originally Posted by jen_mj12
Hello people,

Booklet 6 says that in order to meet the basic qualifications you must have been employed at least 12 out of the latest 24 months prior lodging your application (recent work experience) but one agent told us that we would not qualify because my hubby's been working for two years only and for him to qualify he must have 4 years of work experience for a 50 points job which falls under category 'Managers' (which to my understand of things is the specific experience thing) - And when i refer back to booklet 6, its written for specific experience, 3 years out of the latest 4 years
any clue of what the agent was talking about ? He didnt seem competent and got us more confused than we already were.
thanks
dog's breakfast of an advice ma'am The basic requirement is 12 out of 24 months in any occupation on the SOL - this gets you in the door. The "specific work experience" is 3 out of 4 years immediately prior to lodging your application, in ANY occupation on the SOL, grants you 5 extra points. That is because your OH's occupation is 50 point one if I read your post correctly.

Read here: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...experience.htm

I guess the agent was trying to say that you may not have enough points to meet the passmark. Read the "Eligibility" part, in the link above, and think of posting your points calculation here, you may get some more (useless ) info.

NJ
Old Dec 11th 2008, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

grantvt is on a distinguished road

Perhaps your agent is talking about the pre-migration skills assessment needed need for a 175 and other visas.

Before lodging an application with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) you need to obtain or prove you are in the process of obtaining a successful skills assessment.

Different occupations are assessed by different assessing authorities and each has different qualification criteria.
In my case it was the Australian Computer Society and they required 4 years work experience in total over my career along with other criteria.

When lodging with the DIAC you need 12 out of 24 months work experience in your field immediately before you lodge you application.

Additional specific work experience points can be claimed when lodging with the DIAC if you have been working of 3 out of the last 4 years.

Last edited by grantvt; Dec 11th 2008 at 5:49 am.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 1:34 pm
Mauritian Member

thanks for the answers
Yeps i know ACS askfor 4 years , can you tell me how can i find out how many years VETASSES ask for cause i dont see this info anywhere
thx
Old Dec 11th 2008, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

ZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really nice

Originally Posted by jen_mj12
thanks for the answers
Yeps i know ACS askfor 4 years , can you tell me how can i find out how many years VETASSES ask for cause i dont see this info anywhere
thx
I have no specific information about about your field ... but i hope following link will help , please read it ... http://www.vetassess.com.au/index.cf...1.3a#tsa_about
Old Dec 11th 2008, 9:28 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

As previously stated on your other thread, Vetassess DON"T care about work experience - just that you have a degree that is equivalent to an Australian degree. You could be a brand new graduate.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 3:22 am
Mauritian Member

thanks guys
i'm finding comfort here