Reassessment by TRA

Old Mar 2nd 2010, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

agillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to all
Default Reassessment by TRA

Hi just wondering if anybody else has been in a similar situation or knows the answer to this. I'm an electrician and have already been assessed by TRA about a year and a half ago. I am applying for a RSMS visa and have been told that I need to submit a new application for a migration assessment even though they have all my details on file. I realise that there are 2 seperate departments..one for skills assessment for trades and one for skills assessments for migration purposes but why can they not communicate with each other? According to the immigration website:

Does this mean my old TRA skills assessment is no longer valid?
The changes only affect the requirements for the onshore permanent GSM visas in trade occupations. TRA assessments conducted before 1 January 2010 would continue to satisfy the requirements for the onshore lodgement of an application for a Subclass 485 visa, as well as for applications for Subclass 175, 176 and 475 visas. The assessments would also satisfy the department’s requirements for any of the employer sponsored category of visas

Does anyone know how this affects my situation?
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

ericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really nice
Default Re: Reassessment by TRA

Hi there,
Don't know if this will help. I am also an Electrician. Applied for SA-SS at beginning of December 2009. Original application (175) lodged 31 March 2008. Received state sponsorship end December 2009, without any additional TRA requirements.

Where did you apply for SS?
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

agillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to all

Thanks mate but its changed since Jan 1st 2010 so I'm really looking to see if anyone else has done it since then. I'm applying to WA for SS.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

ericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really nice

Originally Posted by agillick
Thanks mate but its changed since Jan 1st 2010 so I'm really looking to see if anyone else has done it since then. I'm applying to WA for SS.
Good luck....