Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Reasons for cancellation (DIAC Application)

Reasons for cancellation (DIAC Application)

Old Dec 11th 2009, 7:46 am
rif
Forum Regular

rif is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reasons for cancellation (DIAC Application)

Hi,

Would someone please be able to let me know from where i can find reasons for cancellation or rules and regulation for DIAC?

I have looked for rules and regulation on the IMMI and Google but with no luck so far.

Any help on this subject would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 11th 2009, 7:55 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reasons for cancellation (DIAC Application)

Originally Posted by rif
Hi,

Would someone please be able to let me know from where i can find reasons for cancellation or rules and regulation for DIAC?

I have looked for rules and regulation on the IMMI and Google but with no luck so far.

Any help on this subject would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance
Do you want to cancel your application? If so, you can simply send a PLE stating that you wish to withdraw. You likely will not get a refund, though.

What rules and regulations are you looking for exactly? I would imagine the Immigration Act is a very long, boring read, best interpreted by those with advanced studies in law.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:07 am
rif
Forum Regular

rif is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Do you want to cancel your application? If so, you can simply send a PLE stating that you wish to withdraw. You likely will not get a refund, though.

What rules and regulations are you looking for exactly? I would imagine the Immigration Act is a very long, boring read, best interpreted by those with advanced studies in law.
Hi Dorothy,

Thanks for your quick reply. Sorry for not being very clear on my 1st post as its the 1st time i am using this forum.

My husband and I had applied to DIAC but we had withdraw our application as the date of application to DIAC was 2-3 days prior to our IELTS results date and yes as you mentioned we did not get a refund.

We are planning to re-apply hence we are currently trying to find out the rules and regulations or more conditions where our form can get rejected again as we would not like to lose more fees.

Thanks
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:28 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rif
Hi Dorothy,

Thanks for your quick reply. Sorry for not being very clear on my 1st post as its the 1st time i am using this forum.

My husband and I had applied to DIAC but we had withdraw our application as the date of application to DIAC was 2-3 days prior to our IELTS results date and yes as you mentioned we did not get a refund.

We are planning to re-apply hence we are currently trying to find out the rules and regulations or more conditions where our form can get rejected again as we would not like to lose more fees.

Thanks
The requirements for a valid application are in booklet 6 at www.immi.gov.au