Re: Spouse Sponsorship - any advice?

Old Aug 4th 2004, 7:53 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Spouse Sponsorship - any advice?

Any advice on the following would be gratefully received.
I am a duel UK/Australian Citizen and have lived in the UK since being 4 years old. My husband is a UK Citizen and has applied for a spouse visa. As his wife - I have sponsored him and confirmed that although I do not live/work in Australia or have a home there, that I/we will have sufficient funds when we emigrate to support the whole family for more than 2 years.
Usually the spouse sponsoring the husband is living in Oz and has a home/job there - but our situation is different.
The Australian High Commission have not asked for proof of our funds and I'm wondering:
- if they will need proof of these finds to accept me as a sponsor?
- whether they will refuse me being a sponsor based on the fact that I don't currently live in Oz and don't have a job there? and,
- if so, is there any way round this situation?
Cheers
Old Aug 4th 2004, 8:50 pm
Dean Chapman

We were in a similar situation (both of us living in the UK and my
sponsoring wife had PR) and were never asked for proof of funds (in fact,
they never asked us anything at all, apart from what was on the application
form). 6 months later I got my visa.
Dean & Karen.

"shecha" <member26966@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Any advice on the following would be gratefully received.
    > I am a duel
    > UK/Australian Citizen and have lived in the UK since being 4 years old.
    > My husband is a UK Citizen and has applied for a spouse visa. As his
    > wife - I have sponsored him and confirmed that although I do not
    > live/work in Australia or have a home there, that I/we will have
    > sufficient funds when we emigrate to support the whole family for more
    > than 2 years.
    > Usually the spouse sponsoring the husband is living in
    > Oz and has a home/job there - but our situation is different.
    > The
    > Australian High Commission have not asked for proof of our funds and I'm
    > wondering:
    > - if they will need proof of these finds to accept me as a
    > sponsor?
    > - whether they will refuse me being a sponsor based on the fact
    > that I don't currently live in Oz and don't have a job there? and,
    > - if
    > so, is there any way round this situation?
    > Cheers
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 4th 2004, 9:04 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by shecha
Any advice on the following would be gratefully received.
I am a duel UK/Australian Citizen and have lived in the UK since being 4 years old. My husband is a UK Citizen and has applied for a spouse visa. As his wife - I have sponsored him and confirmed that although I do not live/work in Australia or have a home there, that I/we will have sufficient funds when we emigrate to support the whole family for more than 2 years.
Usually the spouse sponsoring the husband is living in Oz and has a home/job there - but our situation is different.
The Australian High Commission have not asked for proof of our funds and I'm wondering:
- if they will need proof of these finds to accept me as a sponsor?
- whether they will refuse me being a sponsor based on the fact that I don't currently live in Oz and don't have a job there? and,
- if so, is there any way round this situation?
Cheers

Hi

Its more usual than you think for both partners to not be in Australia at the time of lodging this type of visa.

If the AHC require proof of funds they would probably ask for them, if proof by itself was not enough you'd be asked to undertake an Assurance of Support (AoS) form. People who are applying from the UK are not normally asked for this.

To the best of my knowledge, you will not get rejected out-right on the issue, just asked for more info/ an AoS

Good Luck
Old Aug 5th 2004, 11:09 am
Going stir crazy waiting!

Marie_m is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in exactley the same boat, I have dual nationality UK/ Australia and my partner is British. I have lived in the UK since I was 3.
Our agent has told us there will be no problems at all, as long as you have a years worth of proof. I've heard people on here say that they got there spouse visa through in less than a week!!!
When are you hoping to head out??
Old Aug 5th 2004, 11:30 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, same boat here too. Both been here for 4 years. I did a bit of digging and found out that the best thing to do is to provide P60s, payslips etc from at least a year back to prove that the aussie in the relationship has been earning. Mr B will be providing all this P60s and payslips from the date we arrived, in fact, just to be safe.

That, combined with some evidence of money in a bank somewhere should be enough. Also helps if you can persuade an aussie relly, if you have one, to be your main address in Oz. So we'll be putting down that we will initially live with Mr B's dad.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute

Same here too. Been here since I was 3 (now 38 - eek!). Money wise my husband is in a better position to sponsor me, than me sponsor him (hmmm) but as long as you can show you'll have enough money to survive for 2 years and can show you've worked you shouldn't have a problem.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 7:36 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Cheers, thanks for the advice.
I think we will send in proof of savings/earnings for the last year, so it doesn't get delayed.
Thanks
Old Aug 5th 2004, 7:40 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

Originally posted by Marie_m
I'm in exactley the same boat, I have dual nationality UK/ Australia and my partner is British. I have lived in the UK since I was 3.
Our agent has told us there will be no problems at all, as long as you have a years worth of proof. I've heard people on here say that they got there spouse visa through in less than a week!!!
When are you hoping to head out??

Thanks for your reply,
We haven't got an agent - we're doing a DIY job, so it's a good to get a bit of advice. The Australian High Commission haven't been in touch with us since May about out visa! I doubt many people get their spouse visas through in a week - but we wish we were one of them - we can't wait to get to Oz!!
We've got a house to sell before we go but we're hoping to head out before Christmas - fingers crossed!
We're going to Brisbane - where are you heading???
Old Aug 5th 2004, 7:42 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

Originally posted by Britishaussie
Same here too. Been here since I was 3 (now 38 - eek!). Money wise my husband is in a better position to sponsor me, than me sponsor him (hmmm) but as long as you can show you'll have enough money to survive for 2 years and can show you've worked you shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks for your response, it's good to know other people are in the same position.
We haven't been asked to provide proof of savings/earnings yet but I think we'll send them in anyway so the visa doesn't get dleayed any further.
Thanks again.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 9:32 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by shecha
Thanks for your reply,
We haven't got an agent - we're doing a DIY job, so it's a good to get a bit of advice. The Australian High Commission haven't been in touch with us since May about out visa! I doubt many people get their spouse visas through in a week - but we wish we were one of them - we can't wait to get to Oz!!
We've got a house to sell before we go but we're hoping to head out before Christmas - fingers crossed!
We're going to Brisbane - where are you heading???

Hi

I dont know when in May exactly you submitted, but if you dont hear within four months you're within your rights to chase it up.

Cheers