Re: How long's a visa string... part II!!!

Old Dec 13th 2005, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Dizibella is a jewel in the roughDizibella is a jewel in the roughDizibella is a jewel in the roughDizibella is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: How long's a visa string... part II!!!

Hi again all

Been a bit quiet on the posting front... and now, all knuckle-biting again.... so here we are.... house is now under offer but prospective purchaser wants to exchange asap to secure house. We say fine but only once our PR for NZ is through... or we could end up stuck here and homeless!!

Makes sense, I think.... our ITA was accepted by NZ London on 24 Nov 05.... but the blurb in the letter states:

...'your application is awaiting allocation to a visa officer within the next four months.... we expect to make a final decision on your case in the one to three months following allocation.'

So can anyone let me know what their timings have been? I don't think these people want to wait a full seven months to exchange, in fact I think they're hoping to have the place by 1 July 06!! Yipes!!! There's is a cash offer and it would fantastic to be able to proceed, we just didn't think it would go so quickly, hence our slight unpreparedness. We only put the house on an online property site three weeks ago!!!

Many, many thanks for any advice, info and the like!

Cheers

Suki
Old Dec 20th 2005, 12:25 pm
RD1
Just Joined

RD1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long's a visa string... part II!!!

Originally Posted by Dizibella
Hi again all

Been a bit quiet on the posting front... and now, all knuckle-biting again.... so here we are.... house is now under offer but prospective purchaser wants to exchange asap to secure house. We say fine but only once our PR for NZ is through... or we could end up stuck here and homeless!!

Makes sense, I think.... our ITA was accepted by NZ London on 24 Nov 05.... but the blurb in the letter states:

...'your application is awaiting allocation to a visa officer within the next four months.... we expect to make a final decision on your case in the one to three months following allocation.'

So can anyone let me know what their timings have been? I don't think these people want to wait a full seven months to exchange, in fact I think they're hoping to have the place by 1 July 06!! Yipes!!! There's is a cash offer and it would fantastic to be able to proceed, we just didn't think it would go so quickly, hence our slight unpreparedness. We only put the house on an online property site three weeks ago!!!

Many, many thanks for any advice, info and the like!

Cheers

Suki
Hi,
Can't remember the exact dates but in mid September I think was when I got the letter saying my ITA had been received, got passport back with visa on 1 Nov. (sent passport and payment for migrant levy with application).
After I got an email asking for a telephone interview it all happened very quickly, 3 days I think!

I was going crazy and took all the will power I had not to ring up the NZIS asking "where's my Visa!" after the first couple weeks I didn't have a job offer and AFAIK it's a hell of a lot quicker if you do.

Best of luck

Rich