Re-entry on a e676 visa

Old Oct 1st 2011, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

ginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the rough
Default Re-entry on a e676 visa

I have a 12 month visa which states the following:

The Subclass 676 Tourist visa allows the visa holder to travel to and enter Australia on more than 1 occasion until 1 April 2012. The visa holder is permitted to remain in Australia, after each entry, for a period of 6 Months.

I have only been to OZ once this year and I arrived in OZ on September 1st and understand i need to leave before March 1st.
If i re-enter before my visa expires 1st April 2012 will i get another 6 months ?

If so how long do you guys advise i leave oz for? would 2 weeks be sufficient?

Thanks very much
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

ginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Re-entry on a e676 visa

Would really appreciate any info.

My reading of the visa is that i can re-enter before the visa expires and then get stamped for 6 months (or up to 6 months).
Do you guys agree?

Thanks
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 1:57 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

In theory you are right, however you will possibly be asked a few questions at the border as they may want to know what you're doing. The 676 is a tourist visa and they may suspect you are trying to 'live' in Australia. You may be asked for proof of funds to support yourself for the intended period of stay (used to be $250 per week, may be more) travel itinerary, proof that you intend to leave etc.

It is not a visa that guarentees entry, that's up to immigration, they may wave you through no questions asked or they may be suspicious that you are working illegally. If you are a genuine tourist and you can prove it I expect you'll be fine.

Good luck.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tking
In theory you are right, however you will possibly be asked a few questions at the border as they may want to know what you're doing. The 676 is a tourist visa and they may suspect you are trying to 'live' in Australia. You may be asked for proof of funds to support yourself for the intended period of stay (used to be $250 per week, may be more) travel itinerary, proof that you intend to leave etc.

It is not a visa that guarentees entry, that's up to immigration, they may wave you through no questions asked or they may be suspicious that you are working illegally. If you are a genuine tourist and you can prove it I expect you'll be fine.

Good luck.
thanks very much for the reply.

I am retired and visiting my adult children. I have more than sufficient funds and will have a return ticket.
I think i will go overseas for probably 3 weeks and then come back to OZ for a max of 3 or 4 months.
It was the fact that i would be here once my visa expired that worried me but it does say entry before April 1st 2012 not exit by.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 6:07 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

In that case I think you'll be totally fine! You're completely right - as long as you enter prior to the visa expiry you'll get stamped for 6 months (in all likelihood) they'll be very clear on when you need to leave by. Enjoy your trip!
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tking
In that case I think you'll be totally fine! You're completely right - as long as you enter prior to the visa expiry you'll get stamped for 6 months (in all likelihood) they'll be very clear on when you need to leave by. Enjoy your trip!
thanks . I think its fine but obviously nothing is guaranteed .

Really appreciate your input