Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Rang Royal Mail again and got different story

Rang Royal Mail again and got different story

Old Sep 21st 2007, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Sean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really nice
Question Rang Royal Mail again and got different story

HI Again,

Thought i would ring the Royal mail again and this time i got a different story,
The parcel service the medical centre used only tracks it within the Uk .
They have said it has left the uk ,but we have to contact who ever it is getting delivered to ,to say they havn,t received it and then after 25 days they will look into it. Does anyone know if i can contact the LCU to say they have received it or Australia,s postal service to say it has been delivered ,by giving them our tracking number.

Thanks again Sean
Old Sep 21st 2007, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

christina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nice
Default Re: Rang Royal Mail again and got different story

Originally Posted by Sean and Louise
HI Again,

Thought i would ring the Royal mail again and this time i got a different story,
They have said it has left the uk ,but we have to contact who ever it is getting delivered to ,to say they havn,t received it and then after 25 days they will look into it. Does anyone know if i can contact the LCU to say they have received it or Australia,s postal service to say it has been delivered ,by giving them our tracking number.

Thanks again Sean

Hi Sean what I did was got my sister to ring Auspost (she lives in oz) and give them my tracking Number, they instantly told her when it was delivered and by whom.

Maybe if you have'nt got anyone out there to call for you, you could look up the phone number and give them a ring yourself.

Good luck
Christina
Old Sep 21st 2007, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sean and Louise
HI Again,

Thanks again Sean
Sean, you can email the relevant area of AusPost with the ref number and they will let you know as well...

We did and got a reply the next day.

Rich
Old Sep 21st 2007, 4:27 pm
Flown

FlyingPicketts is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by whizbangwallop
Sean, you can email the relevant area of AusPost with the ref number and they will let you know as well...

We did and got a reply the next day.

Rich
Hello Rich, do you know what relevant Auspost email address is?
Old Sep 21st 2007, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Sean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really nice

Hi,

Thanks just emailed Auspost at NSW if that is correct,

Cheers Sean
Old Sep 21st 2007, 4:55 pm
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we got an update on our parcel from Auspost SA by filling in an online enquiry form - they were much more efficient than our PO!! Hope they have good news for you!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

I used International Signed For for my skills assessment, and Royal Mail have lost that as well. The Aussie post office customer service is a LOT better than ours, but the one thing I have learned from this is to use the datapost option when sending stuff out - its trackable door to door through the Royal Mail website instead of whether its left the UK or not. Its more expensive short term, but considering I've now got to get all my documents re notarised again it would have been worth using it from the start.
The aussie international tracking service should work if you put your tracking ID in, failing that you can call then & they'll look into it for you. If it has been lost then you'll need our post office to launch a formal investigation before they can look into it further I'm afraid.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,
I have been lucky, i sent an email to Aus post in NSW and one to SA , i received an email from a Mathew Mc Kenzie from SA telling me this-
Good Morning,

In regards to your enquiry the item in question was delivered on the 18/9/07.

Kind Regards Matthew

<<snip>>
I then received this email from Auspost NSW saying this;

Thank you for your enquiry
Enquiries regarding postal items sent from overseas must be initiated
with
Australia Post by the sending postal administration.

If you require proof of delivery, we would recommend that you lodge
your
request with the office of posting.

Once Australia Post receives the appropriate paperwork, an enquiry will
be
conducted. Proof of delivery will then be provided to the overseas
postal
administration.

The Registered Post or insured services has limited tracking
capability. In
many cases, the delivery signature is a paper record only

So I like Auspost in SA better Thanks SEAN

Last edited by Sue; Sep 27th 2007 at 1:44 am. Reason: full name, email address, tel no etc removed
Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Delighted for you they didn't lose it!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 6:09 pm
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Good news!

SA post were great with us too!