Quick TRA/work experience question.

Old May 10th 2007, 2:46 pm
Don't Panic.

phobia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick TRA/work experience question.

Having looked on the TRA website, the only length of time I can find for people's work experience are for those who aren't qualified, they need 6 years work experience.

So I looked on 'liveinaustralia.com' under the skilled migration visa. What got me though is the fact that site asked these two questions: Have I worked 2 out of the last 3 years in my profession. And, have I worked 3 out of the last 4 years in any profession on the SOL list. If you answer 'No' to this second question, you automatically fail the visa test due to lack of points.

Is this right or an I missing something here?
Old May 12th 2007, 10:24 am
Don't Panic.

Default Re: Quick TRA/work experience question.

I guess from the lack of replies no one has any ideas?

All I really need to know is... do I need two out of the last three years of related work experience or, three out of the last four years of related work experience?

Thanks for any help, I really will be grateful.
Old May 12th 2007, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phobia
I guess from the lack of replies no one has any ideas?

All I really need to know is... do I need two out of the last three years of related work experience or, three out of the last four years of related work experience?

Thanks for any help, I really will be grateful.

Are you looking for the visa application?

If you are you need to look on www.immi.gov.au

The TRA experience requirements is totally dfferent to the visa requirements.
Old May 12th 2007, 4:33 pm
Don't Panic.

Ah, that's where I'm getting confused then. What's the difference between the two please?

The IMMA say I need to have worked for 3 out of the past 4 years in any occupation on the SOL list, and, my occupation falls in the TRA section.

It'll have to all go on hold anyway as I only have 95/120 points.

Not enough experience, I've not had a job offer (yet) and I can't make any of the 'bonus' points =(
Old May 12th 2007, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phobia
Ah, that's where I'm getting confused then. What's the difference between the two please?

The IMMA say I need to have worked for 3 out of the past 4 years in any occupation on the SOL list, and, my occupation falls in the TRA section.

It'll have to all go on hold anyway as I only have 95/120 points.

Not enough experience, I've not had a job offer (yet) and I can't make any of the 'bonus' points =(

The TRA ask that you have experience/qualifications equivalent to australian standards. It doesn't have to be recent experience, just so long as you can meet the following criteria:

training and/or experience in an occupation assessed by TRA
  • skills learned on the job OR through a mixture of formal training and on the job experience
  • an apprenticeship, vocational traineeship OR at least 7 years of on the job experience in an electrical occupation, or 6 years in another occupation.
Applicants with Australian qualifications must have had at least 900 hours of relevant and directly related work experience.

You'll also find more info here: http://www.workplace.gov.au/NR/rdonl...ia4Oct2006.pdf

For the visa application, you need to have worked in a profession on the SOL for the relevant period of time recently.
Old May 14th 2007, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

badger78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!
Why don't you have a look at the STNI visa. You need only 70 points for that. Have a look if any of the states have your profession on their 'wanted-list'!
Hope that helps!
Kathrin
Old May 14th 2007, 1:16 pm
Don't Panic.

Originally Posted by badger78
Hi!
Why don't you have a look at the STNI visa. You need only 70 points for that. Have a look if any of the states have your profession on their 'wanted-list'!
Hope that helps!
Kathrin
I'd thought of that, but alas, my occupation isn't listed for South Australia (or any other state), but thanks for the reply all the same.

I'll just have to slog it out for a couple more years till I've the experience to apply for the skilled migrant visa - (I'm professionally qualified but lack work experience)
Old May 14th 2007, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

badger78 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a shame! What is your occupation? keep an eye on the SOL lists of all the different states, they keep changing what kind of jobs they want.
Another way might be the skill matching visa. There is no inital fee and you only have to wait for a state or an employer to sponsor you.
Take care,
Kathrin
Old May 14th 2007, 4:03 pm
Don't Panic.

I fall under the category of 'Associate Professional' - Computing Support Technician. It's only worth 40 points, but we all have to start somewhere on the career ladder.

I'll be reading more about 134 for sure. I just haven't had a great deal of time to do any research recently.

Thanks again =)