Quick passport question

Old Mar 2nd 2015, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

zazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud of
Default Quick passport question

This has almost certainly been asked before but I can't find a definitive answer by searching the forums...

Family of 5 recently became citizens after living here as permanent residents for 9 years. 3 children now have Australian passports but parents still have British Passports with RRVs. We are going to the UK on holiday later this year and I am getting conflicting advice as to whether we (the parents) need to Australian passports or whether we can still travel on our British ones? Not that fussed if we need to get Australian ones - it's just another thing that we can add to the "to do" list - but if we don't have to we may as well get the value out of our current passports.

Thanks,

Mike
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick passport question

Originally Posted by zazutata
This has almost certainly been asked before but I can't find a definitive answer by searching the forums...

Family of 5 recently became citizens after living here as permanent residents for 9 years. 3 children now have Australian passports but parents still have British Passports with RRVs. We are going to the UK on holiday later this year and I am getting conflicting advice as to whether we (the parents) need to Australian passports or whether we can still travel on our British ones? Not that fussed if we need to get Australian ones - it's just another thing that we can add to the "to do" list - but if we don't have to we may as well get the value out of our current passports.

Thanks,

Mike
I am pretty sure that as you are all citizens that you will require Australian passports.Your citizenship cancels your visa afaik.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

zazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud ofzazutata has much to be proud of

That's what we thought...thanks for the reply.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

That's what we thought...thanks for the reply.
You are welcome.(I hope I am correct)
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Well we know that there will be no problems with Australian passports. Our twisted logic was that we may as well get as much value from the cost of the RRVs as possible
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 3:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,

Mike
Yes, you need Aussie ones. Once you become a citizen your visa is cancelled, so you need Aussie passports in order to get back in.

Australia is also one of those countries (unlike the UK) that insists its citizens leave and enter on an Aus passport.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Perpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Australia is also one of those countries (unlike the UK) that insists its citizens leave and enter on an Aus passport.
Good knowledge - I did not know this.