Questions for Subclass 175!!!!Thanks

Old Mar 25th 2008, 3:56 am
Just Joined

mango.mango is on a distinguished road
Default Questions for Subclass 175!!!!Thanks

Hi guys

Does anyone know the processing time for Subclass 175, low risk country???
It said on the website 1 year. is this true???

and also, Can i do my police check before submit the application??

Thank you so much
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of
Default Re: Questions for Subclass 175!!!!Thanks

It's not unkown for them to take a year, but 6-9 months is more realistic (maybe less but I wouldn't want to get your hopes up). Don't forget to factor in time for your skills assessment though - include that and the whole thing may well take 12 months.

Yes you can do police checks before you lodge, but they are only vald for 12 months and must be valid when you enter Austrlia for the first time on the visa. If they expire you'll have to get new ones. Same applies to medical exams.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AHamm
It's not unkown for them to take a year, but 6-9 months is more realistic (maybe less but I wouldn't want to get your hopes up). Don't forget to factor in time for your skills assessment though - include that and the whole thing may well take 12 months.

Yes you can do police checks before you lodge, but they are only vald for 12 months and must be valid when you enter Austrlia for the first time on the visa. If they expire you'll have to get new ones. Same applies to medical exams.

6-9..............I thought it will only takes about 4 month...........
I have done the skills assessment on Jan, i passed

I am actually a new zealand citizen, i am in Australian at the moment. For australian police check Does any one knows can i do it before submit the application?? it says on the checklist : Do not undertake until requested to do so. Can i do it before they ask me to do??

Cheers
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

It may only take four months - just don't bank on it. I've seen some take three months and others take 18. Hopefully it will be quick

Yes, you can get you AFP check now. 12 month validity applies, however.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AHamm
It may only take four months - just don't bank on it. I've seen some take three months and others take 18. Hopefully it will be quick

Yes, you can get you AFP check now. 12 month validity applies, however.
Thank you sooooo much

Btw, the current processing time i saw from the website is General Skilled Migration visas– Class VE, VF,VB and VC visas
Subclasses: 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, 485, and 487
E-lodged: 1 November 2007
Paper lodged: 16 September 2007

November to March is about 5 month. Is this means all the ppl submit the visa before 1 November 2007 get approved???Thanks
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:59 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

This email refers to the allocation of the cases, actual processing goes on top of that. Processing may be quick-ish (ha ha) if medicals and police clearances were frontloaded.
NJ