questions to ask sponsor

Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light
Question questions to ask sponsor

we will be speaking to the guy that is offering sponsorship later and was wondering what questions we need to ask of him,

also does any one know what the basic metal trade award(wage) is i tried googling but got nothing as we will be asking of the wages etc and i have a feeling from looking at jobs available that he may say its in line with metal trade award" and i would like to know what that is before hand.

any good ideas for questions are greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: questions to ask sponsor

Originally Posted by gina and danny
we will be speaking to the guy that is offering sponsorship later and was wondering what questions we need to ask of him,

also does any one know what the basic metal trade award(wage) is i tried googling but got nothing as we will be asking of the wages etc and i have a feeling from looking at jobs available that he may say its in line with metal trade award" and i would like to know what that is before hand.

i found the pay scale i think, looks like it could be of use to others aswell

https://www.workchoices.gov.au/NR/rd...0/AP816828.pdf
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

If I were you and it was a 457 visa (I presume it is) then ask things like

Will they be paying all or part of the visa costs (does this include meds)
Will they pay for flights - return flights or one way - this could cost you if not
Will they supply accommodation on arrival
Will they offer assistance towards shipping costs
Whats the story with private health cover
Superanuation (pension)

Hope this is a starting point for you at least.

Trish
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scrum
If I were you and it was a 457 visa (I presume it is) then ask things like

Will they be paying all or part of the visa costs (does this include meds)
Will they pay for flights - return flights or one way - this could cost you if not
Will they supply accommodation on arrival
Will they offer assistance towards shipping costs
Whats the story with private health cover
Superanuation (pension)

Hope this is a starting point for you at least.

Trish
thats brill just wrote all that down

keep em comming please!!!
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

thats brill just wrote all that down

keep em comming please!!!
Just a thought but have you had a read of the responsibilities of employer employee on www.immi.gov.au regarding this type of visa. I saw a pdf file in there weeks ago now but I'm sure it will be in there somewhere and it had mountains of info on the 457 from both points of view.

Trish
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just a thought but have you had a read of the responsibilities of employer employee on www.immi.gov.au regarding this type of visa. I saw a pdf file in there weeks ago now but I'm sure it will be in there somewhere and it had mountains of info on the 457 from both points of view.

Trish

Have a search around this link.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/whats_new_457.htm

Trish
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just found it at

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...bligations.htm

Good luck

Trish
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just had another thought. I don't know much about it but you should query if your entitled to LAFHA = living away from home allowance. I'm sure it's only payable if you keep your home in the UK.

Try searching for info on it on this site.

Trish
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

thank you thats brill i found lots more info on the wgaes from your link aswell.

thank you very much will let everyone know how we get on