Questions

Old Jan 16th 2008, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

gforce4678 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions

A couple of questions, i am looking at applying for a GSM visa and just had a couple of questions.

1) Once i apply, how long does a visa last for once granted, do i have to move to oz within a certain time.

2) I have diabetes and was wondering if this would have any impact on the application

3) What is the order for apply for visa, do i need to get medical and police checks done before applying

many thanks

mark
Old Jan 16th 2008, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Questions

1) Once i apply, how long does a visa last for once granted, do i have to move to oz within a certain time.

It depends on the dates of your Meds and PCC's. These only last a year so for example your meds were done today you have one year from today to arrive and validate.

2) I have diabetes and was wondering if this would have any impact on the application

As far as Im aware this should have no effect on your application.

3) What is the order for apply for visa, do i need to get medical and police checks done before applying

Generally speaking you apply for the visa and once requested by a CO you get the meds and pcc's done. Mind you there are quite a number of people who frontload the meds and pcc's in order to speed up the process.

Hope this helps

Mairead
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:07 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions

2) is assessed as potential cost to the aus. govt over a period of time, and controlled diabetes should be no problem. Make sure when you attend your medicals, you have references from GP and/or dietitian or endocrinologist if needs be, to help them assess how much treatment you could require if you arrive and (G*d forbid) become a burden to the health system.