A question on Sponorship

Old Apr 29th 2008, 2:32 am
Just Joined

SammyBell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A question on Sponorship

Hey there,

My partner and I are to be married in 6 months, I'm an Australian and he is Britsh. I know that I am able to sponsor himfor citezenship after we are married, but my question is-

His parents want to come and live in Australia with us, because his sister is moving here too, so is it possible for me or another member of my family to sponsor them, or do we have to wait two years until he is a full resident of Australia?

Thanks ^_^
Old Apr 29th 2008, 3:05 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of
Default Re: A question on Sponorship

Originally Posted by SammyBell
Hey there,

My partner and I are to be married in 6 months, I'm an Australian and he is Britsh. I know that I am able to sponsor himfor citezenship after we are married, but my question is-

His parents want to come and live in Australia with us, because his sister is moving here too, so is it possible for me or another member of my family to sponsor them, or do we have to wait two years until he is a full resident of Australia?

Thanks ^_^
To be sponsored for a parental visa it has to be the direct relation to be the sponsor - not any in-laws.
They also have to pass the balance of family of test to qualify.
The sponsor has to be "settled" - normally 2 years resident (including any temporay visa time) before they can sponsor.
Have a read of the booklets on DMIA - http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/fami...nt-outside.htm

Last edited by mark213; Apr 29th 2008 at 3:07 am.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 3:26 am
Just Joined

SammyBell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A question on Sponorship

Mark ---> Thank you so much ^_^ <3