Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

question on form about intended place to settle?

question on form about intended place to settle?

Old Jun 21st 2006, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute
Default question on form about intended place to settle?

Just going through the visa application forms 47SK and came across the question about intended state to live in,does anyone know if this has any bearing, we intend to settle either in Sydney or Melbourne as we believe for us it offers the best employment prospects, but realise these are the most competitive regions, would they rather we chose somewhere more remote? as we are applying for skilled independent its not as if we will be held to any one location, it also gives the option of Dont Know, but that might sound sound like we havnt do any research, wich coundnt be further from the truth.

thanks for any advice in advance

papilon
Old Jun 21st 2006, 10:50 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: question on form about intended place to settle?

Originally Posted by papilon
Just going through the visa application forms 47SK and came across the question about intended state to live in,does anyone know if this has any bearing, we intend to settle either in Sydney or Melbourne as we believe for us it offers the best employment prospects, but realise these are the most competitive regions, would they rather we chose somewhere more remote? as we are applying for skilled independent its not as if we will be held to any one location, it also gives the option of Dont Know, but that might sound sound like we havnt do any research, wich coundnt be further from the truth.

thanks for any advice in advance

papilon
I asked the same question when we were filling out the forms, you can just put Melbourne or Sydney, it does not matter. It won't affect your application if you decide to go to another place, I think the question is just for DIMIA statistics purposes..
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 3:31 am
Visa Granted 04/07/2006

zeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant future
Default Re: question on form about intended place to settle?

Originally Posted by Claire&Richard
I asked the same question when we were filling out the forms, you can just put Melbourne or Sydney, it does not matter. It won't affect your application if you decide to go to another place, I think the question is just for DIMIA statistics purposes..

Yup, I've checked before, and can confirm it's for statistical purposes only and you are not committed to go there in anyway... unless you are sponsored by a State...

It will definitely not look good if you are sponsored by NSW and you tick Wa

CHEERS!