Question on ACS assessment

Old Apr 29th 2009, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

maple_leaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question on ACS assessment

Hi,
Just a quick question on ACS assessment. When submitting the online assessment form on ACS web site, I have to attach the images of original documents (such as reference letters) or images of notarized copies of originals?
Thanks for any help!!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:14 am
Just Joined

gavcol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question on ACS assessment

I submitted PDF documents (scanned in certified copies of the originals). The copies were certified by the Police. I passed the ACS assessment so I reckon if you do this you should be ok.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:53 am
Just Joined

vincenz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gavcol
I submitted PDF documents (scanned in certified copies of the originals). The copies were certified by the Police. I passed the ACS assessment so I reckon if you do this you should be ok.
did you sent the hardcopy as well?

by the way, i carelessly submitted a non certified passport copy but all the other documents were certified. Will the status change to awaiting documents or i should send it now?
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

maple_leaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks gavcol.
Well, I sent certified copies by mail and uploaded scanned images of original documents. I thought, have to upload certified documents too instead of original's images.

vincenz, I think its better to send a certified copy of your passport to avoid possible delays.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:18 am
Just Joined

Yep send a certified copy of your passport... If you have a case officer call him/her and explain the situation and see what they say. Hope this helps.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 6:43 am
Just Joined

vincenz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gavcol
Yep send a certified copy of your passport... If you have a case officer call him/her and explain the situation and see what they say. Hope this helps.
but my status changed to In porcess, doesnt tat mean all documents were met?
Old Apr 30th 2009, 7:43 am
Just Joined

not sure... no harm in giving them a call if you want to avoid any delays..
Old May 1st 2009, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

ssumit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vincenz
but my status changed to In porcess, doesnt tat mean all documents were met?
they'll contact you if they need any further documentation , i got an email after 3 weeks in "In process"

BR
Sumit
Old May 1st 2009, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

capetosydney will become famous soon enoughcapetosydney will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ssumit
they'll contact you if they need any further documentation , i got an email after 3 weeks in "In process"

BR
Sumit
I have also applied online, attached all my doc, including RPL report, but I still got request from the assessment officer to send hard copies off all the paperwork, certified where applicable. I understand the bit about certified copies, but why send RPL report, CV and other stuff in hard copy when it is already attached to the application.I tried contacting the officer for clarification, but they are conveniently ignoring my emails. So off to DHL I go to 'blow' some more money on courier fees.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

bhatti81 is on a distinguished road

To all those who submitted the application online successfully,
I am in process of filling out online form and although questions look lengthy, answers are mostly yes/no except #1)

1. In the "Relevant experience" section, in the "To Date" dropdown it is compulsory to provide a month/year. So what should I specify in this "To Date" field for my current job i.e. an on-going job with duration "Sept 2003 - Current" ?

2. I have 6 years of experience working for the same company with a couple of roles (but all related to my MODL expertise). Complete details are mentioned in the Resume' and company's reference letter. So in the "Relevant Experience" section of online form, I am going to have one entry for this company mentioning my current position and in the "details" field say "Please refer to Resume for details". is that ok?

3. I am going to attach the original (colored) scanned copies with the online form (and ofcourse send notary certified copies of the same by mail). Is attaching scans of original ok?

4. Since I can put multiple documents in a zip file and there is no seperate place to upload the passport copy, is it ok to put the passport copy in the zip file that'll contain copies of my degrees/work experience?

Would appreciate an early response so that I can complete the submission.

Regards,
A. Hayee Bhatti
Old Aug 6th 2009, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Matrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the rough

One post for this question should have been enough, don't you think?