Question about Partner visa

Old Feb 20th 2006, 11:08 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Question about Partner visa

Hi,

Am hoping someone can help me as I am getting all confused now.

I am looking at forms 40sp & 47sp in preparation of gathering info for submitting the forms later this year.

I am an Australian citizen (born in England) living in England. Came back here in 1999. I plan on returning to Australia in Dec 2006 and wish to take my fiance with me and sponser him on a partner visa.

We have been together for 8 years and living together for 7 (Just over 3 years in our own place...before that with his parents).

Anyway, I want to sponsor him as a de-facto rather than fiance as I don't wish to pin myself down to a 9 month time slot on getting married. I may get married within that time anyway, but I want to make sure we have a great wedding, not a wedding on the cheap because we need to fulfill a visa criteria.

Anyway...I am getting confused when I am looking at details of the sponsor, it sometimes says 'living in Australia'. I am fairly sure, I don't have to be currently living in Australia, as how else would I be able to provide proof that we have a committed and shared life?????

Also, where it asks me what my relationship is...I don't know what to tick? De facto or Fiance...Can I tick both? We've been engaged since 2002 but de-facto since we returned to England in 99.

Also, my partner is Indian by birth (moved to England when he was 2) He has an British Passport. Will that make any difference? He has previously had a working visa in Australia and had no problem getting that.

Anyway, any tips, suggestions would be a big help. My main worry now, is getting my Father to find my late Mother's citizenship paper which has my name on it. I do hope he kept it, or else I am going to have to somehow apply for a copy. I don't think my Aussie passport is enough documentation. Also, when it asks us when we met, it is a slightly odd situation for us, as we met on the internet in 1997. We met in Person in Feb 98 and then parted six weeks later. He then flew to Australia Oct 98 and we have lived together since then. So I am putting Feb as the date we first met and October as the date we first started our relationship (even though we were long distance partners before then).

Anyway thanks for any help!

PS - Will I have to provide details of how much money we have in our bank accounts? I basically have no savings at present as I am paying off a loan and credit cards!

Last edited by ElshaUK; Feb 20th 2006 at 11:15 am.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about Partner visa

I've just applied for a defacto in Oz with my Australian boyfriend.

I also met him on the internet. We were sent an info letter that I had to sign and return to my Case Officer that was basically aimed at internet relationships. They take the start of the relationship from the date you meet face to face for the first time and start having a 'proper' relationship. There is a question about start of defacto relationship on one of the forms so that would be when you started living together.

Privde them with all the evidence you can, joint bank accounts, leases, joint travel etc and you will be fine It is fairly painless, although time consuming getting it together :P

Feel free to PM if I can help anymore. Good luck!
Old Feb 20th 2006, 11:36 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElshaUK

Anyway, any tips, suggestions would be a big help. My main worry now, is getting my Father to find my late Mother's citizenship paper which has my name on it. I do hope he kept it, or else I am going to have to somehow apply for a copy. I don't think my Aussie passport is enough documentation.
You can get an individual certificate by filling out form 119 and sending to the Australian High Commission:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/119.pdf

It probably makes sense to do so anyway if your details were put on your mother's citizenship cert (this was the case for most children prior to July 2002).
Old Feb 20th 2006, 11:47 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies so far.

I shall investigate getting my own citizenship papers

It is very daunting really! I guess, being organised is the key

Where do I state on the application form, that we met online? I mean, how will they know to send me a special form?

Thanks
Susan
Old Feb 20th 2006, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Where do I state on the application form, that we met online? I mean, how will they know to send me a special form?

Thanks
Susan
My boyfriend and I both included it in our personal statements, I'm not sure there is a question on the application form itself. It wasn't a form they sent me exactly, just a fact sheet I had to read and sign at the bottom to say I understood it You have been living together a lot longer so they might just skip that step for you :P
Old Feb 20th 2006, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

LouLou_07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Am hoping someone can help me as I am getting all confused now.

I am looking at forms 40sp & 47sp in preparation of gathering info for submitting the forms later this year.

I am an Australian citizen (born in England) living in England. Came back here in 1999. I plan on returning to Australia in Dec 2006 and wish to take my fiance with me and sponser him on a partner visa.

We have been together for 8 years and living together for 7 (Just over 3 years in our own place...before that with his parents).

Anyway, I want to sponsor him as a de-facto rather than fiance as I don't wish to pin myself down to a 9 month time slot on getting married. I may get married within that time anyway, but I want to make sure we have a great wedding, not a wedding on the cheap because we need to fulfill a visa criteria.

Anyway...I am getting confused when I am looking at details of the sponsor, it sometimes says 'living in Australia'. I am fairly sure, I don't have to be currently living in Australia, as how else would I be able to provide proof that we have a committed and shared life?????

Also, where it asks me what my relationship is...I don't know what to tick? De facto or Fiance...Can I tick both? We've been engaged since 2002 but de-facto since we returned to England in 99.

Also, my partner is Indian by birth (moved to England when he was 2) He has an British Passport. Will that make any difference? He has previously had a working visa in Australia and had no problem getting that.

Anyway, any tips, suggestions would be a big help. My main worry now, is getting my Father to find my late Mother's citizenship paper which has my name on it. I do hope he kept it, or else I am going to have to somehow apply for a copy. I don't think my Aussie passport is enough documentation. Also, when it asks us when we met, it is a slightly odd situation for us, as we met on the internet in 1997. We met in Person in Feb 98 and then parted six weeks later. He then flew to Australia Oct 98 and we have lived together since then. So I am putting Feb as the date we first met and October as the date we first started our relationship (even though we were long distance partners before then).

Anyway thanks for any help!

PS - Will I have to provide details of how much money we have in our bank accounts? I basically have no savings at present as I am paying off a loan and credit cards!
It shouldn't be a problem at all with you applying here. My aussie partner and I applied in London and he's been over here for a year now. Even though you are engaged, I'd apply for the De-Facto or else i think you would be commited to the 8/9 month requirement to get married.

good luck!