Question about Parent Visa

Old Sep 20th 2006, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

kaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to behold
Default Question about Parent Visa

I would be really grateful if anyone could please advise me on the requirements of the Contributory Parent Visa.

I've been onto the immi website and found that the balance of family test is needed and that one of the children must have been in Australia for two years to provide the Assurance of Support. The other(s) must be living permanenly in Australia - but there is no indication of how long the second or subsequent children must have been living in Australia before the application can be made. Would anyone know or have experience of this at all and roughly how long a Contributory Parent Visa takes to process.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 6:04 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Question about Parent Visa

Originally Posted by kaiajo
I would be really grateful if anyone could please advise me on the requirements of the Contributory Parent Visa.

I've been onto the immi website and found that the balance of family test is needed and that one of the children must have been in Australia for two years to provide the Assurance of Support. The other(s) must be living permanenly in Australia - but there is no indication of how long the second or subsequent children must have been living in Australia before the application can be made. Would anyone know or have experience of this at all and roughly how long a Contributory Parent Visa takes to process.
Hi

When you have time - check out the thread in the Barbie forum entitled something like "For the Contributory Parents who had the thread closed".
This will give you a lot of general information and requirements (as well as a lot of chat!!)

If I am correct, so long as you pass the Balance of Family test, I don't think it is relevant how long the second child has lived in Australia if your first child is to be the sponsor and/or assurer (there is a subtle difference between sponsor/assurer which it would benefit you to get your head round ) although, in practice, one person could well be both of these.

Hot from the press - the Permanent CP visa is currently taking 12 months from application to grant, assuming all is straightforward in your case and, if it is, this is one application that you should be able to manage yourself, ie without the assistance of an agent.

I personally found the hardest part of this - apart from having to sell the house twice (!) - was parting with the money at the back end of the process.

Enjoy !!

Jim
Old Sep 20th 2006, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

kaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Question about Parent Visa

Thanks for the information Jim and I'll certainly check out the thread.