Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Question about frontloading Police Checks and Medicals

Question about frontloading Police Checks and Medicals

Old Mar 31st 2009, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

ben_g is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about frontloading Police Checks and Medicals

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been answered already but I have not been able to find the answer so far.

I am thinking of getting my police checks for UK and Aus as well as my medical checks in advance of submitting my de facto spouse application.

If I get them done and they come back by end of April (for example), do they 'expire' in the eyes of the Case Officer? I.e. if my application goes in in June will they ask for another police check for the May - June period?

I know that you have a year to enter the country which shouldn't be an issue as long as the visa comes through quite quickly.

Thanks

Ben
Old Mar 31st 2009, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice
Default Re: Question about frontloading Police Checks and Medicals

Originally Posted by ben_g
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been answered already but I have not been able to find the answer so far.

I am thinking of getting my police checks for UK and Aus as well as my medical checks in advance of submitting my de facto spouse application.

If I get them done and they come back by end of April (for example), do they 'expire' in the eyes of the Case Officer? I.e. if my application goes in in June will they ask for another police check for the May - June period?

I know that you have a year to enter the country which shouldn't be an issue as long as the visa comes through quite quickly.

Thanks

Ben
I think it is personal preference, the only thing I would say is that there is no guarantee that the visa will come through quickly and obviously it then gives you less time to get into Oz.

Both the police checks and the meds are only valid for 12 months and if the visa takes 9 months then you only have 3 months left to enter Oz, if you think that you can do it within this time then that would be fine.

Good luck with all you decide to do.

Lou xx
Old Mar 31st 2009, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Davy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really nice

Yeah watch your timing. By the time we got a C.O. our police certs were expired by 3 days and we had to redo them. You can get U.K. police checks done in 2 working days if your prepared to pay.[£70 per person].
The C.O. will give you 28 days to forward them anyway.Davy
Old Mar 31st 2009, 11:54 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

I had my police checks and medical done early November one year and submitted the application late Feb the following year.

Most people applying for Spouse Visas or Prospective Spouse visas do frontload the application by doing medicals etc before submission of the application itself as there isn't usually a delay in appointing a CO unlike with other types of visas. By getting all the paperwork done in advance it tends to mean that decisions are made quickly once the application itself is in.

Good luck with it all
Old Apr 1st 2009, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

binnz10 will become famous soon enoughbinnz10 will become famous soon enough

Can anyone tell us what will happen in our situation where we had to front load the medicals and police checks as a condition of the visa application, (subclass 885 MODL). As we all know there is a postponement of the processing of the MODL applications, soon a year will have passed since we applied and so our meds and police checks will be outdated. Will we be made to do these again....with all the costs again!?
Old Apr 1st 2009, 1:01 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loubiegreen
I think it is personal preference, the only thing I would say is that there is no guarantee that the visa will come through quickly and obviously it then gives you less time to get into Oz.

Both the police checks and the meds are only valid for 12 months and if the visa takes 9 months then you only have 3 months left to enter Oz, if you think that you can do it within this time then that would be fine.

Good luck with all you decide to do.

Lou xx
Originally Posted by Davy
Yeah watch your timing. By the time we got a C.O. our police certs were expired by 3 days and we had to redo them. You can get U.K. police checks done in 2 working days if your prepared to pay.[£70 per person].
The C.O. will give you 28 days to forward them anyway.Davy
The OP is asking about a spouse visa, not skilled. There are different processing times for spouse visas, so this is irrelevant to his question.

You can frontload your PCC and meds for the spouse visa, since in UK it is usually a very quick process. Depending on your circumstances it can be just a few days to process. Don't worry about applying for your certificates now, since they take a few weeks to get back. You probably won't be asked to do another for the May-June timeframe, but anything is possible.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:21 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know how to get PCC done on line from Oz?

Thanks
Suni
Old Apr 1st 2009, 11:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
Anyone know how to get PCC done on line from Oz?

Thanks
Suni
Answered in the other thread but for anyone else who needs it www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp
Old Apr 1st 2009, 12:21 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Answered in the other thread but for anyone else who needs it www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp
Thanks again Polly
Old Apr 1st 2009, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
The OP is asking about a spouse visa, not skilled. There are different processing times for spouse visas, so this is irrelevant to his question.

You can frontload your PCC and meds for the spouse visa, since in UK it is usually a very quick process. Depending on your circumstances it can be just a few days to process. Don't worry about applying for your certificates now, since they take a few weeks to get back. You probably won't be asked to do another for the May-June timeframe, but anything is possible.
Apologies to the OP, didn't mean to cause any concern.

Kind regards Lou xx
Old Apr 5th 2009, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Thanks to everyone for their responses, I will go ahead with the Police Checks and get my meds appointment set up.

Cheers!

Ben
Old Apr 5th 2009, 12:03 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Just for future reference for anyone not at that point - All UK spouse visa applicants, are expected by DIAC to frontload the meds and PCCs. To my mind, if you are going for the majority of other visas, do not frontload - you may well run out of time.
Old May 10th 2009, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Just another question on the police check front...

I have lived in Australia for just under 12 months on a working holiday visa, but then have had five 2- to 3-week holidays in Aus as well.

Will I need an Australian police check? I have spent more than 12 months there but haven't strictly 'lived' there all that time.

I was ready to send an application off for this (to be safe) but I could get my application in sooner if I don't have to wait for this so it would be good to avoid doing if I can.

Once again, any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ben
Old May 10th 2009, 10:08 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding is that if you have exceeded the 12 months cumulative on any types of visa then you have to have the Police Check done.

Good luck with your application when it goes in
Old May 11th 2009, 2:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Regardless of the other weeks you were here, if you were 'just under' a year continuous, I would suggest you get the Police Check. DIAC have been known to ask for them when it's 11 months +.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.