British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Question about form 80??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/question-about-form-80-a-579694/)

LeeLee Dec 21st 2008 8:09 pm

Question about form 80???

Hi all,

I was told form 80 is only sometimes asked.

Does anyone know why it isn't always asked or who normally gets asked to complete it?
The reason i'm asking is simply because my application is awaiting to be assigned a CO and as my trade is on the new CSL (critical skills list) i didn't want to have any hold up's. Shall i just complete it and upload it anyway?:confused:

Thanks

Lee:thumbup:

lilsweets Dec 21st 2008 11:17 pm

Re: Question about form 80???

Originally Posted by LeeLee (Post 7089019)
Shall i just complete it and upload it anyway?:confused:

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!!!!

Lee, I know that you are more than ready to move so definitely do it, if they ask for it later you will kick yourself!

By the way, it's a pain to fill in, it is a frustrating task but it will be worth it, trust me!

LeeLee Dec 22nd 2008 10:37 am

Originally Posted by lilsweets (Post 7089538)
DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!!!!

Lee, I know that you are more than ready to move so definitely do it, if they ask for it later you will kick yourself!

By the way, it's a pain to fill in, it is a frustrating task but it will be worth it, trust me!

Hey,

Yeh i downloaded it and read through the questions and it seems like they have asked all these b4 somewhere along the line so wasn't too sure who it was aimed at normally.....:confused:

I'm off to do it now then:lol:

Cheers

Malikkhi Dec 22nd 2008 11:09 am

Originally Posted by LeeLee (Post 7090641)
Hey,

Yeh i downloaded it and read through the questions and it seems like they have asked all these b4 somewhere along the line so wasn't too sure who it was aimed at normally.....:confused:

I'm off to do it now then:lol:

Cheers

Yeah Lee i have the same doubt, we provided all the these information when we were filling our online 175 visa application, i am really doubtful that we need to provide it again as form 80. I am going to ask the same question with DIAC let see what they reply

Regards
Malik

Pollyana Dec 22nd 2008 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Malikkhi (Post 7090707)
Yeah Lee i have the same doubt, we provided all the these information when we were filling our online 175 visa application, i am really doubtful that we need to provide it again as form 80. I am going to ask the same question with DIAC let see what they reply

Regards
Malik

Form 80 is used for different purposes than the main application form, that is why you have to give the same answers again.

LeeLee Dec 22nd 2008 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7090779)
Form 80 is used for different purposes than the main application form, that is why you have to give the same answers again.

Hi pollyana,

Do you know what purpose they will need people to fill out these kinds of questions again?

Thanks,
Lee:)

LeeLee Dec 22nd 2008 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Malikkhi (Post 7090707)

Regards
Malik

Hi Malik,

PM me with the answer if you don't mind as i'm not sure what the reason's are for answering these again??

Cheers,

Malikkhi Dec 22nd 2008 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by LeeLee (Post 7091363)
Hi Malik,

PM me with the answer if you don't mind as i'm not sure what the reason's are for answering these again??

Cheers,

Hi Lee
Don't worry i will share whatever they reply. Logically no reason to fill out the same info again and in case they if they need any specific info they can retrieve it from the original application.I believe all data of online visa application must be available in a Database.

cheers
Malik

binnz10 Dec 23rd 2008 1:36 am

When I asked about completing form 80 they told me only if requested.

Dorothy Dec 23rd 2008 1:57 am

Originally Posted by LeeLee (Post 7091360)
Hi pollyana,

Do you know what purpose they will need people to fill out these kinds of questions again?

Thanks,
Lee:)

The form 80 is used for character references from what I understand. The other forms are used by DIAC.

Malikkhi Jan 6th 2009 5:41 am

Well guyz today i received the following official reply from DIAC regarding the Form 80
"Once your file has been allocated to a case officer you will be contacted if they require a form 80 from you."

Cheers

LeeLee Jan 6th 2009 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Malikkhi (Post 7131555)
Well guyz today i received the following official reply from DIAC regarding the Form 80
"Once your file has been allocated to a case officer you will be contacted if they require a form 80 from you."

Cheers

Cheers Malikkhi,

Still doesn't explain the reason for some needing to complete it and some not.:confused:

Never mind, i've done mine and uploaded it to my online visa. All i'm waiting for is a BLOODY case officer!!!:curse:

Lee