Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Question about Embassy in Washington and Form 160

Wikiposts

Question about Embassy in Washington and Form 160

Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:26 am
Just Joined

cbaudelaire has a brilliant futurecbaudelaire has a brilliant futurecbaudelaire has a brilliant futurecbaudelaire has a brilliant futurecbaudelaire has a brilliant futurecbaudelaire has a brilliant futurecbaudelaire has a brilliant future
Default Question about Embassy in Washington and Form 160

I'm getting a little nervous about my wait for a Long Stay Visitor's Visa (dealing with the Embassy in Washington DC) because i REALLY need to start making plans (including giving my company and leasing office notice, and buying airline tickets) for my 6 month trip to Australia.

I have a question about the Form 160. If there is a question, or problem with it, do they contact you or the doctor? I am hoping they contact me, because i'd hate to think there might be some delay that I don't know about.

I followed the instructions on the form, including choosing NOT to have X-rays enclosed as there were no abnormalities. Also, had the doctor sign across the seal, and i sent the sealed form to the embassy myself (since I had to send other stuff too, and the form said it was okay for me to send it as long as it is sealed). I'm just afraid that all of a sudden I find out the radiologist filled something out wrong, or that they all of a sudden have a different policy on the procedure.

Does it take them awhile to review the Form 160? Also, anyone had any general experiences on dealing with the Long Stay Visitor Visa or the Washington DC Embassy in general? I really hope I get it back soon. Thanks for reading!