Question about Business Class

Old May 24th 2002, 1:20 pm
Pread

Default Re: Question about Business Class

I priced up regular economy (1962 Euros), unrestricted economy (4374 Euros ) &
business class (6378 Euros). All prices were for 4 tickets (2 adult & 2 kids). Would
love to go business class, but the extra 4,400 Euros would go a long way towards say,
a car... Although I quite like the idea of me in business, and the wife and kids in
economy. Just for the extra baggage allowance, you understand

Cheers, Paul.

"Hills" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    >
    >
    > sophia wrote:
    >
    > > Hi guys,
    > >
    > > We were discussing the flight to OZ recently and have decided to grit our teeth
    > > and do a 'througher' but decided as it was only one way (YIPPEE!!!) we would go
    > > business class; however someone told me that we can't take our child in business
    > > class....is this true???
    > >
    > > I'll be well cross if it is true...especially since we would be paying them for
    > > his seat!
    > >
    > > Can anyone shed some light on this for me.
    > >
    > > love sophia x
    >
    > Absolutely. Just back from a month in the UK - business class all the way, with the
    > boys, aged 9, 7 and 3. It was a bugger to be woken in the middle of night by a
    > screaming 12mth old a couple of row forward.
    >
    > Kids everywhere in business class. And didn't they love it- personal TV's with hot
    > and cold running Harry Potter videos and Nickelodeon, lots of buttons to push to
    > adjust their seats; they could ask for a Coke and actually get one, (not like
    > asking their boring parents and getting told NO). ... AND when they slept through
    > their meals, the flight attendant brought them icecream for a snack!!!
    >
    > Possible sources of your information: on 747's, often the upper deck is
    > (informally) a child free zone. All the kids get to stay downstairs!!! I've also
    > heard rumours that some airlines don't like kids in first class.
    >
    > Go for it - and enjoy! LJ

Old May 24th 2002, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Default Re: Question about Business Class

Hi everyone

Thanks for all the info, much appreciated.

Sandra, we flew economy when we went to Oz last year...problem we found was it was absolutely packed to the rafters and we just couldn't move...Austin was in a skycot and I was stuck in a window seat which meant that when I wanted to get out (which was often 'cos I was worried about DVT!!!) my husband and extremely tall dutch man on the end of our row of three, had to move....the guy was lovely about it, but it certainly wasn't ideal.

From what I've read on these threads I gather that most flights to Oz are like that because they like to fill each flight to capacity beforehand...this isn't an option this time, I want to fly in relative comfort....at least once anyway!!!

Will also bear in mind the secret stops that Royal Brunei seem to make, perhaps we'll end up on Malaysian or Singapore airlines, you all seem to rate them.

Thanks again, love sophia x