Question about 190 Visa

Old Dec 19th 2012, 9:59 am
Just Joined

jack39281 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about 190 Visa

Hi there! I had a question regarding the 190 visa I was hoping to get an answer for!

Do you need 60 points BEFORE state nomination or is the 5 points included? e.g. I have 55 points at the moment and a state nomination would bring me to 60. I am due to re-sit the IELTS in a month for an extra 10 points but I am eager to apply lodge my EOI ASAP and I could always make modifications to my EOI once I do receive the extra 10 points? So my question is, am I able to apply for a state nomination with 55 points?

Thank you in advance!
Old Dec 19th 2012, 10:07 am
Just Joined

hthoria is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question about 190 Visa

Hi Jack,

If you are nominated by a state or territory and meet the basic requirements for this visa, you will then receive an invitation to apply.

This is what DIAC mentions on its website and thus I feel that you will receive the 5 points only after you have been nominated by a state or territory.

Also, for your information, some states require you to fill a separate form for nomination in which you mention your EOI reference number. I recommend you to go through the State Migration Plans (SMPs) of each of the states' website.

Cheers,
Harsh
Old Dec 19th 2012, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your quick response!

Since you have to apply to the state directly, am I able to modify my points once I attain more? And does this matter at all?

I have 55 points at the moment, would it be better for me to apply now or wait till I gain extra points for an improvement on the IELTS (which should bring me to 65 before SS)?
Old Dec 19th 2012, 10:46 am
Just Joined

Default Do points matter for State Nomination(Visa subclass 190)?

Hi there, I have a quick question about state nomination.

Do the number of points matter when trying to receive state nomination (assuming you are above the minimum 60 required for state nomination)? I currently have enough points to apply for state nomination but I could improve my score by re-sitting the IELTS.

Would re-sitting the IELTS in hopes to get a better score be to my advantage in terms of receiving state nomination or would it be a waste of money since 60 is only a minimum requirement? I am only looking to apply for the 190 visa.

Thank you!
Old Dec 19th 2012, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Hi Jack,

I had read on the immi website that you have to inform DIAC about any changes that is, your job changes, your IELTS marks as this may affect your application in the form of increased points.

About your next question : I am honestly not sure about it so would not give you wrong advice.

I will request some senior members in this forum to comment.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 11:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Threads merged, no need to have two on the same question
Old Dec 19th 2012, 11:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Threads merged, no need to have two on the same question
Thank you
Old Dec 19th 2012, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

You should first look at the states requirements - they may want a higher IELTS score than DIAC specify in order to consider sponsoring you.

The state web site will also state what other requirements they have e.g. if you need to have an EOI in the system.

So start by checking out the requirements of state you are interested in moving to and see if they sponsor your occupation and if you are eligible to apply.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

ios_ghost is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jack39281
Hi there! I had a question regarding the 190 visa I was hoping to get an answer for!

Do you need 60 points BEFORE state nomination or is the 5 points included? e.g. I have 55 points at the moment and a state nomination would bring me to 60. I am due to re-sit the IELTS in a month for an extra 10 points but I am eager to apply lodge my EOI ASAP and I could always make modifications to my EOI once I do receive the extra 10 points? So my question is, am I able to apply for a state nomination with 55 points?

Thank you in advance!
Yes you can include your 5 points for SS during apply.

For example, your IELTS Score is 6 6 6 6-> 6
Your desired state requires overall 6 to apply for SS.
And your current point is 55 (Including Age,Education,Job Exp, Partner point etc)

In that case you can include 5 points during applying to that state and make your total point 60.

However you can wait for a better score in IELTS.But meanwhile if your desired state stops receiving any new application for your occupation you will be in trouble.At that moment better IELTS score and good DIAC points will not help you. . . .

So pls dont delay. . .

Best of luck for you. . . .
Old Dec 20th 2012, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Bizkut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do points matter for State Nomination(Visa subclass 190)?

Originally Posted by jack39281
Would re-sitting the IELTS in hopes to get a better score be to my advantage
If that improves your English language ability score (0 to 10 or 10 to 20), it is always to your advantage, since it will result in jumping ahead of all the candidates with your current score.

Also, take a look at the invitation reports, compare your points score with the invitation scores and evaluate your possibilities of invitation on a 189.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 9:33 am
rocky!!

shanjani is an unknown quantity at this point

Once your state sponsorship is approved , you gets instant invitation to apply , as it happened to me today.

So check what state requires including IELTS score.
In your EOI u have to mention specifically South Australia in case you are aiming to get state sponsorship from South Australia.

Even you will get instant invitation with 60 points once state sponsorship is approved. So dont worry too much , just act fast

Cheers !
Old Dec 20th 2012, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shanjani
Once your state sponsorship is approved , you gets instant invitation to apply , as it happened to me today.

So check what state requires including IELTS score.
In your EOI u have to mention specifically South Australia in case you are aiming to get state sponsorship from South Australia.

Even you will get instant invitation with 60 points once state sponsorship is approved. So dont worry too much , just act fast

Cheers !
HI Shanjani,

Can you tell us which state you applied for ? under what occupation?
What do we know that the state sponsorship is approved?
Old Dec 20th 2012, 9:58 am
rocky!!

South Australia on 11-Oct-2012, got invitation to apply for visa today
Electronics Engineer
Old Dec 20th 2012, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shanjani
South Australia on 11-Oct-2012, got invitation to apply for visa today
Electronics Engineer
I read on the SA website that if you apply for SA then you should not select any other state in your EOI. Is this true?
Old Dec 20th 2012, 10:09 am
rocky!!

Yup. In that case you only have to select SA in your EOI. Otherwise your SA state sponsorship application will be rejected.

Whats your occupation ?
experience?
IELTS?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.