Question 20 - Skilled 175 visa

Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:26 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question 20 - Skilled 175 visa

This question refers to the 'value of money, goods and assets which you intend to bring to Australia' - At the peak of the housing market I had over 100k of equity on my house, I'm not quite in negative equity now, but obviously my house isn't as valuable as it once was. I am awaiting the result of my 'Skills Assessment' from Teaching Australia, then hopefully will be applying for the visa. Obviously, there being a 'recession' here in the UK my house isn't of optimum value at the moment, however, it is the only main finance, once I sell it, that I will be bringing with me, so, long story short, what amount should I put for this question? And does it really matter if the value I put there, doesn't end up being the amount I bring with me? I obviously will wait til the housing market picks back up before actually selling my house....

Sorry for such a long drawn out question...I'm sure you're all half asleep by now lol
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:59 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question 20 - Skilled 175 visa

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
This question refers to the 'value of money, goods and assets which you intend to bring to Australia' - At the peak of the housing market I had over 100k of equity on my house, I'm not quite in negative equity now, but obviously my house isn't as valuable as it once was. I am awaiting the result of my 'Skills Assessment' from Teaching Australia, then hopefully will be applying for the visa. Obviously, there being a 'recession' here in the UK my house isn't of optimum value at the moment, however, it is the only main finance, once I sell it, that I will be bringing with me, so, long story short, what amount should I put for this question? And does it really matter if the value I put there, doesn't end up being the amount I bring with me? I obviously will wait til the housing market picks back up before actually selling my house....

Sorry for such a long drawn out question...I'm sure you're all half asleep by now lol
Lots of people have had a nosey, nobody's written anything...

anyone able to offer any advice?
Old Jan 30th 2009, 7:34 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

as far as I know there is no financial merits that the 175 visa is measured against, so this field is therefore statistical for the immigration to see what people do take with them to feel comfortable settling.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 7:40 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by newjersey
as far as I know there is no financial merits that the 175 visa is measured against, so this field is therefore statistical for the immigration to see what people do take with them to feel comfortable settling.
Great, thanks, will wait til I apply for the visa then, which will hopefully be this side of Easter...