Query for PR after 475

Old Feb 5th 2011, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

Eternal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Query for PR after 475

Hi all,

I have been granted SA sponsorship for subclass 475 in Oct 2009 and entered Adelaide in June 2010. But unfortunately after living for abt 4 months there i was not able to find the job and moved to Alice Springs, NT where i got a permanent full time job. My query is will this act of moving from SA (who has sponsored me) to NT affect my PR application for subclass 887.

Thanks and best regards
Old Feb 5th 2011, 5:38 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Query for PR after 475

Originally Posted by Eternal
Hi all,

I have been granted SA sponsorship for subclass 475 in Oct 2009 and entered Adelaide in June 2010. But unfortunately after living for abt 4 months there i was not able to find the job and moved to Alice Springs, NT where i got a permanent full time job. My query is will this act of moving from SA (who has sponsored me) to NT affect my PR application for subclass 887.

Thanks and best regards
Hopefully yes. You were sponsored by SA, so your obligation is to SA.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

This is what is mentioned in the grant letter.

(You have been granted a three-year provisional visa to live and work in a regional or low population growth area in Australia. Class VF, subclass 475 Skilled - Regional Sponsored visa holders can apply for a permanent Skilled - Regional visa after having lived for two years in a regional or low population growth area of Australia, and been working full-time, including self-employment, for at least twelve months in these same areas. Full time work is usually defined as employment for at least thirty five hours per week (this can consist of work in up to 2 concurrent part-time jobs).)

as the highlighted part says in regional area of Australia. Also what role SA immigration will play in my PR application?

Please give your suggestion.

Thanks and best regards.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:20 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eternal
Please give your suggestion.

Thanks and best regards.
My suggestion is that you live up to your agreement with South Australia and live/work there like you told them you would.

Besides, what does it matter now? You've already left SA, so if your PR is dependent on you living there or not it's not going to change anything is it? Not unless you can turn back time and make the last couple of years in another state disappear.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

It might affect since i have only completed 7 months total in Australia I still have almost 2 and half year to complete my criteria. So if i got to know i have to stay and work only in SA i might move back and complete my criteria there for the PR application.

Last edited by Eternal; Feb 5th 2011 at 12:29 pm.