Quantity Surveyor-Subclass 189

Old Jan 27th 2017, 9:56 am
Just Joined

markjmcsorley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quantity Surveyor-Subclass 189

Hi all,
Applying for Skilled Independent Visa-Subclass 189. Wondered if anyone knows if pre-degree experience counts towards skilled employment. I've 13 years experience, most in Uk, but 2 and half in Australia. Degree only came in 2014 (studied part time). I wondered if only the post degree experience is recognised by Australian immigration. I am currently getting my skills assessed by AIQS...next step IELTS....

Thanks All

M
Old Jan 27th 2017, 12:47 pm

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quantity Surveyor-Subclass 189

Hi Mark,

According to AIQS guidelines, you must be able to evidence two years' post-qualification employment:
---
6.2 Skilled Employment
Applicants must have at least two (2) years full time experience in Quantity Surveying since
achieving their Quantity Surveying/Construction Management and Economics qualification and
must be able to provide evidence of this. Evidence of skilled employment must be demonstrated
via a written reference, on corporate letterhead from the applicants’ supervisor. It must outline
the role/main duties undertaken whilst under their supervision, and the dates of this work must
be clearly specified. The supervisor must include their qualifications and post-nominals beneath
their signature. Contact details for the supervisor must be provided, in the event that the
assessment officer requires further clarification.
---

Regarding DIBP requirements, Australian immigration will not count any of your employment prior to the award of your degree.

Regards,

Richard
Old Jan 27th 2017, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Richard_Gregan
Hi Mark,

According to AIQS guidelines, you must be able to evidence two years' post-qualification employment:
---
6.2 Skilled Employment
Applicants must have at least two (2) years full time experience in Quantity Surveying since
achieving their Quantity Surveying/Construction Management and Economics qualification and
must be able to provide evidence of this. Evidence of skilled employment must be demonstrated
via a written reference, on corporate letterhead from the applicants’ supervisor. It must outline
the role/main duties undertaken whilst under their supervision, and the dates of this work must
be clearly specified. The supervisor must include their qualifications and post-nominals beneath
their signature. Contact details for the supervisor must be provided, in the event that the
assessment officer requires further clarification.
---

Regarding DIBP requirements, Australian immigration will not count any of your employment prior to the award of your degree.

Regards,

Richard
Thanks Richard,
At least now I know. Do you or anyone else have an idea of what kind of medical is required, possibly a chest x ray?

Thanks again

Mark
Old Jan 27th 2017, 6:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markjmcsorley
Thanks Richard,
At least now I know. Do you or anyone else have an idea of what kind of medical is required, possibly a chest x ray?

Thanks again

Mark
For a permanent residence visa you need a full medical, blood test and chest xray - here's the current form to give you an idea - http://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Docum...search=medical
Old Jan 27th 2017, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
For a permanent residence visa you need a full medical, blood test and chest xray - here's the current form to give you an idea - http://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Docum...search=medical
Thanks Pollyana, much appreciated. Is there any wisdom is getting this medical carried out now ( before I submit the expression of interest) to save time during processing stage?

Assume both myself and my partner will have to undergo the medical? She is on my application also.

Thanks again

Mark
Old Jan 28th 2017, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markjmcsorley
Thanks Pollyana, much appreciated. Is there any wisdom is getting this medical carried out now ( before I submit the expression of interest) to save time during processing stage?

Assume both myself and my partner will have to undergo the medical? She is on my application also.

Thanks again

Mark
Yes, you will both need a medical

It doesn't save any time as it is not looked at until the relevant point in the process. The down side of doing it early is that you must make first entry within 12 months of the medical or police check, which ever is earlier. So, you could be left with very little time to do so. Especially as visas can be delayed for many reasons.