Psychiatric Assessment

Old Jan 28th 2009, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

matt007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Psychiatric Assessment

Hi Folks

As expected my meds for student visa app were referred to the panel doctors in Oz as I declared mild depression last year, see below for reponse.

Apologies for lots of q's - stress.

I am anticipating a psych assessment. I am really tight for time. Can I go to any private psychiatrist or does the panel have a list like the list of doctors for medicals? If I can go private I can get an assessment beforehand to save time.

Are the time scales below accurate?

"Your medical results have been referred, by the panel doctor, to the
Medical Officer of the Commonwealth (MOC), a panel of medical experts in
Australia, for assessment on 28 January 2009. Please allow up to ten
working days for them to reach Health Operations Centre (HOC) and further
four days for them to be assessed by the MOC.

Once your medical results are received by MOC they will be assessed as
quickly as possible. In the event that further information is required you
will be contacted directly by our HOC."

Many thanks

Matt
Old Mar 4th 2009, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

grantvt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Psychiatric Assessment

Originally Posted by matt007
Hi Folks

As expected my meds for student visa app were referred to the panel doctors in Oz as I declared mild depression last year, see below for reponse.

Apologies for lots of q's - stress.

I am anticipating a psych assessment. I am really tight for time. Can I go to any private psychiatrist or does the panel have a list like the list of doctors for medicals? If I can go private I can get an assessment beforehand to save time.

Are the time scales below accurate?

"Your medical results have been referred, by the panel doctor, to the
Medical Officer of the Commonwealth (MOC), a panel of medical experts in
Australia, for assessment on 28 January 2009. Please allow up to ten
working days for them to reach Health Operations Centre (HOC) and further
four days for them to be assessed by the MOC.

Once your medical results are received by MOC they will be assessed as
quickly as possible. In the event that further information is required you
will be contacted directly by our HOC."

Many thanks

Matt
Hey Matt,

So what happened? did you medicals get approved? I am in a similar situation - mild depression, so would be intested to know the out come of you case.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

often it just means that it will take more senior drs to make a decsion and it may well go through without any thing further being done by yourself. Many posters have got through with mild depression without any troubles.

Please try not to worry - you shouldhear soon. Sorry don't know who you can prepare an appointment with in case. maybe a letter from whoever treats you now may be a good place to start.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

grantvt is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Safin
often it just means that it will take more senior drs to make a decsion and it may well go through without any thing further being done by yourself. Many posters have got through with mild depression without any troubles.

Please try not to worry - you shouldhear soon. Sorry don't know who you can prepare an appointment with in case. maybe a letter from whoever treats you now may be a good place to start.
Thanks, i have a letter already. its just freaking me out a bit that its one of the thing you have give details on.