Proving relationship visa requirement

Old Mar 12th 2008, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

TandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant future
Default Proving relationship visa requirement

Hello!

Ive just started the long visa process - will be applying for a 176, with my Auntie sponsering.Have sent off my VETASSESS and about to book my IELTS!

My partner will be going as a secondary applicant, but im a little worried about the proof needed for our relationship. We have been together for nearly 7 years, and have lived together about 3. The problem is we don't have a joint bank account or any bills with both our names on. At the moment we are living with my mum, and don't have a tenant contract or anything like that either.

Is this lack of financial evidence going to be a problem?
Old Mar 12th 2008, 2:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proving relationship visa requirement

Originally Posted by TandC23
Hello!

Ive just started the long visa process - will be applying for a 176, with my Auntie sponsering.Have sent off my VETASSESS and about to book my IELTS!

My partner will be going as a secondary applicant, but im a little worried about the proof needed for our relationship. We have been together for nearly 7 years, and have lived together about 3. The problem is we don't have a joint bank account or any bills with both our names on. At the moment we are living with my mum, and don't have a tenant contract or anything like that either.

Is this lack of financial evidence going to be a problem?
Your mum can write a statement to say that you live there as a couple, and you can also use bank statements that show any payments to her for bills rent etc.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

TandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Proving relationship visa requirement

Thanks pollyana.

we both tend to draw cash out to pay her, but would a bank statement still be useful? ie it would show i draw out a similar amount of cash each month for bills?

I also have a water bill with both our names on for when my partner and i lived together in a different property (we moved in to be with mum when my dad died last year). Would this be a good example to use too?

thanks for you help!