Proving Genuine Relationship Advice

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:20 pm
get me to perth

dcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura about
Default Proving Genuine Relationship Advice

Hey guys

Im a bit pickled here. What exactly do I have to provide to prove my relationship in genuine. Ive been with my husband for 9 years, married since August 2005 had a baby in July 2006.

Do I have to write a statement? How long and what should be in it? Or just provide copies of joint bank statements, marriage cert etc?

your pickled'ly (hehe)

Denise xxxx
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

fartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nice
Default Re: Proving Genuine Relationship Advice

Originally Posted by dcampbell
Hey guys

Im a bit pickled here. What exactly do I have to provide to prove my relationship in genuine. Ive been with my husband for 9 years, married since August 2005 had a baby in July 2006.

Do I have to write a statement? How long and what should be in it? Or just provide copies of joint bank statements, marriage cert etc?

your pickled'ly (hehe)

Denise xxxx
Hello Denise.

To prove your relationship you need to produce such documents like,

JOINT BANK ACCOUNT,
JOINT MORTGAGE,
UTILITY BILLS I,E-GAS,ELECTRIC,COUNCIL TAX ETC.

You will be asked for such documents,i dont know how many?

They will want photocopies of these.

Hope this helps
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 2:44 pm
get me to perth

dcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura about

Thanks. Its says you've got to write a statement saying how and when you met, how your relationship progressed etc. do you have to write this if you are married?xx
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

I think it depends on what sort of visa you are applying for. We are applying for a spouse visa and have had to provide loads of information - statements included.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Thanks. Its says you've got to write a statement saying how and when you met, how your relationship progressed etc. do you have to write this if you are married?xx
I don't think they are as strict if you are married. But we wrote a statment anyway, though we had been married for under a year at the time of application.

Basiacally we didn't want to give them any reason to refuse or delay our application!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Hey guys

your pickled'ly (hehe)

Denise xxxx
Hi Denise,

You just send a certified copy of your marriage certificate
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:44 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys

What visa are you applying for?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

A copy of the birth certificate of your child will also be needed as proof of ongoing relationship. I don't know anything about proving the spouse bit for the general visas, but for a straightforward spouse visa where one partner is Australian, you should also provide a couple (if poss) of 888 statements from Australian citizens regarding your relationship and statements from friends and family.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

dandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by hereshoping
I don't think they are as strict if you are married. But we wrote a statment anyway, though we had been married for under a year at the time of application.

Basiacally we didn't want to give them any reason to refuse or delay our application!

We're going for the belt and braces approach,too! Did you type out a joint statement and both sign it or did you write seperate ones?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

shoshana is a jewel in the roughshoshana is a jewel in the roughshoshana is a jewel in the roughshoshana is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by moneypen20
A copy of the birth certificate of your child will also be needed as proof of ongoing relationship. I don't know anything about proving the spouse bit for the general visas, but for a straightforward spouse visa where one partner is Australian, you should also provide a couple (if poss) of 888 statements from Australian citizens regarding your relationship and statements from friends and family.
I am also going to include in ours our son's Australian citizenship by decent cert (once I apply for it this week and its issued) in our application.

And we have 4 Stat Decs by friends to include regarding our relationship.

We have been together 5 years, married for 3 years, with 1 child.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dandan1
We're going for the belt and braces approach,too! Did you type out a joint statement and both sign it or did you write seperate ones?
we did separate ones, they said basically the same thing but we felt it best if we did them independently.

We did not bother with any statements from friends or family in the end as we had loads of evidence for all the categories. They mustn't have minded as they gave us both visas.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

dandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura about

Cheers
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:52 pm
get me to perth

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi Denise,

You just send a certified copy of your marriage certificate
Really? I thought that wouldve been enough, but on the explanatory notes it says in all cases statements of history of relationship and evidence of ongoing nature was required! And how the relationship progressed (te he nosey beggers i reckon that is TOO much information lol)

Denise x
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fartso
Hello Denise.

To prove your relationship you need to produce such documents like,

JOINT BANK ACCOUNT,
JOINT MORTGAGE,
UTILITY BILLS I,E-GAS,ELECTRIC,COUNCIL TAX ETC.

You will be asked for such documents,i dont know how many?

They will want photocopies of these.

Hope this helps
Hmm - can I just say...

We dont have a joint account a mortgage or joint utiltiy bills and did not need to provide them for our spouse visa.

We DID provide statements from each other and rellies.

So if you have joint accounts then thats fine, provide copies, but if you don't then it's not really a huge deal.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Really? I thought that wouldve been enough, but on the explanatory notes it says in all cases statements of history of relationship and evidence of ongoing nature was required! And how the relationship progressed (te he nosey beggers i reckon that is TOO much information lol)

Denise x
I wouldn't stress too much over your declaration. Me and hubby had been together for over 20 years and with 2 kids when I applied. There was no way I was dredging up old 1980's memories so I ended up with two A4 sheets of double spaced typing. Keep it shallow How you met, when you decided to get married, some of the things you've done together (keep it clean) how you continue to support each other, how all the household duties are shared (even if they're not). How you see your future panning out as a couple living in Aus. All they want to see is how you work as a partnership. They don't need to know your pet names for each other or how you entertain each other in the bedroom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.