Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Proving Family Relations!Info that could help!

Proving Family Relations!Info that could help!

Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:59 am
Can't wait!

utopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Proving Family Relations!Info that could help!

Hi All,

For those of you who are already aware I was finding it difficult to prove my husband was Infact related to his Uncle who is Infact our sponsor to Australia.
Anyway good news... even though his uncle hasn't got a birth Certificate as it was not compulsory to have one in those days I have managed to get a Marriage Certificate for when he got Married in the UK in the Early 60s.

The information that I think might be helpful to you all is this...

When you call up births/deaths/and marriages website below, the charge to obtain your record is 27.50 for the Marriage Certificate which was needed in our case in order to prove names etc... plus 4.50 for postage.(is not a certified copy)

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

However if you call up the district itself in our case Kensington Registry Office website below:
http://www.rbkc.gov.uk/BirthsDeathsA...iages/general/

They will post out a copy of the Certificate with it being a certified copy for only 7.00 including delivery.

Thought this saved alot of money plus time etc....

Hope this helps anyone else thats finds themselves in my predicament....

For all who want back ground information as to why I needed to get hold of Marriage Certificate have a look at June 139ers thread.

I can relax Now!