Protein in Urine Medical Problem

Old Jun 8th 2007, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Thats down and to the right from UK.
znaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to all
Exclamation Protein in Urine Medical Problem

Doh!
  • The job is sorted in Melbourne - signed contract subject to getting 457
  • House is up for sale and some belongings sold
  • Told everyone about the move
  • Went for the 457 medical on Thursday (x-rays for me and wife, childs medical for 5 year old son)
  • My son had an high level of protein in his urine! The sample was sent for further tests, but I don't know if this could jeapardise the 457.

He's a fit and healthy kid with no previous illnesses or known problems with his Kidneys.

Anyone had similar experiences?
Old Jun 8th 2007, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

want 2 be there is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Protein in Urine Medical Problem

Sorry for the maybe not so great reply but this is my first post, I have been just reading and absorbing all of this great info for ages.

I may be able to put your mind at ease slightly.

We had our medicals beginning of April and my daughter of 12 had protein in her urine too, (normally fit and well always!!!) after 3 postitive tests urine tests each a week apart (nail biting times) we then were asked to go to the local hospital for her to have her blood tested, another weeks wait and she was finanally given the all clear no problems with her Kidneys and with no real explanation either, other than she may have it there all of the time as long as she's well no problem.

Very glad she got the all clear I was spending alot of time thinking what would happen if she was really ill, she was quite worried too, I even checked up what it meant on the internet all doom and gloom according to them, thankfully this wasn't the case and our meds got sent off mid May. We're just waiting to hear now hopefully not that much longer.

Hopefully this will be the same for your son too, wishing you all the best in your attempt of getting to Oz.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 12:26 am
Diane82

Diane82 is a jewel in the roughDiane82 is a jewel in the roughDiane82 is a jewel in the roughDiane82 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by znaylor1974
Doh!
  • Went for the 457 medical on Thursday (x-rays for me and wife, childs medical for 5 year old son)
  • My son had an high level of protein in his urine! The sample was sent for further tests, but I don't know if this could jeapardise the 457.

He's a fit and healthy kid with no previous illnesses or known problems with his Kidneys.

I know exactly how anxious you are right now. We've been through similiar. My daughter has got problems with her kidneys and after sending all reports and correspondence from her consultant it was accepted by immigration. The whole time delay is just so stressful though
Old Jun 9th 2007, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road

i wouldn't worry too much, when we had ours my daughters (16) showed proteins, we were asked to sit for an hour, she had to drink plenty of water and the test carried out again, successfully - she was just dehidrated.

hope all goes well
Old Jun 9th 2007, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

znaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to all

Thanks for this everyone.

Old Jun 9th 2007, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

ozzie5 has a spectacular aura aboutozzie5 has a spectacular aura aboutozzie5 has a spectacular aura about

I hope all goes well for you..fingers crossed
Old Jun 9th 2007, 7:44 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Doh!

Hi there,

When we went for our medicals, my daughter had protein in her water too.. We were told by the nurse helping with the medicals that it wouldnt be a problem, but we ought to speak to our GP about it (which I did and he sent her urine off to be tested for urinal infections).. there wasnt any water infection, but 1 week later she came down with tonsilitis and was quite ill with it.. when I spoke to our GP , he told me that protein in water could mean absolutely anything, and usually just means a virual infection or such like...in other words, the protein in her water was just the 1st reaction to her tonsillitis (which hadnt come out at that stage)

Would just like to add that (hurray!!) we have had our visa granted to us 2 days ago! It didnt seem to make any difference to us in the end..

Em x
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Doh!

I recall Aston man having similar issues a while ago, think he went for a re"pee"t go and passed
Old Jun 11th 2007, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
I recall Aston man having similar issues a while ago, think he went for a re"pee"t go and passed
Wahay! The lab test came back fine!

I've got 3 comments: Firstly, Visamedicals in Nottingham have been brilliant. They called me this morning to let me know as soon as they did. I was expecting something back around Wednesday.

Secondly, don't count your chickens...

Thirdly, don't tell the boss to 'suck my balls' until your sure your going.

Z