Prospective Partner/Fiance visa

Old Dec 22nd 2005, 7:52 am
Just Joined

daisydau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Prospective Partner/Fiance visa

Looking for some advice... Is there anyone who has applied for one of these visas who can give me some insight into how long it took the visa to come through & whether there are any "tricks" I should be aware of when it comes to applying?
And whilst I'm talking of applying, can anyone recommend a migration agent either in Belfast or London? I know, I know - lots of asking, but inquiring minds need to know *L*
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prospective Partner/Fiance visa

Originally Posted by daisydau
Looking for some advice... Is there anyone who has applied for one of these visas who can give me some insight into how long it took the visa to come through & whether there are any "tricks" I should be aware of when it comes to applying?
And whilst I'm talking of applying, can anyone recommend a migration agent either in Belfast or London? I know, I know - lots of asking, but inquiring minds need to know *L*
Hi Daisy

Very quick through London especially if the health and character checks are done or instigated asap. He will probably need an Australian Police Clearance so that needs to be applied for immediately. Also you need to provide a NOIM with a date for the wedding, good idea to book wedding say in 9 months time and you can always change date when he arrives there to later in his visa if this suits. I think the NOIM can be extended up to 6 montsh without having to pay a further fee. IF he is already back in NI, it may be that you can not get an official NOIM without his signature in which case a letter confirming the wedding has been booked from the Celebrant will suffice. Also required would be evidence of your relationship and evidence of any engagement (if you are engaged).

I did one recently, it took 3 months to prepare the application - obtaining police clearances etc, it would have been approved in 2 weeks but took a further 2 weeks as they wanted me to provide proof that the Australian sponsor had been legally living in Ireland for the last 20 years - for some reason.

Good Luck

Tony
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 8:38 am
Just Joined

daisydau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Prospective Partner/Fiance visa

Originally Posted by welshtony
Hi Daisy

Very quick through London especially if the health and character checks are done or instigated asap. He will probably need an Australian Police Clearance so that needs to be applied for immediately. Also you need to provide a NOIM with a date for the wedding, good idea to book wedding say in 9 months time and you can always change date when he arrives there to later in his visa if this suits. I think the NOIM can be extended up to 6 montsh without having to pay a further fee. IF he is already back in NI, it may be that you can not get an official NOIM without his signature in which case a letter confirming the wedding has been booked from the Celebrant will suffice. Also required would be evidence of your relationship and evidence of any engagement (if you are engaged).

I did one recently, it took 3 months to prepare the application - obtaining police clearances etc, it would have been approved in 2 weeks but took a further 2 weeks as they wanted me to provide proof that the Australian sponsor had been legally living in Ireland for the last 20 years - for some reason.

Good Luck

Tony
Thanks for your help Tony - you're a gem!