Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

PROOF OF IDENTITY citizenship if you know no one on list??

Wikiposts

PROOF OF IDENTITY citizenship if you know no one on list??

Old May 13th 2009, 1:54 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PROOF OF IDENTITY citizenship if you know no one on list??

Originally Posted by puff the dragon
I have done so and she just keeps telling us to try to find someone and within 28 days or our application will be refused ?? which is not a great help,as you can imagine

I am thinking of going to see our MP about it,as I am at a loss

But I thank you for your suggestions.I put it on here to see if anyone had any other ides /experiences.It seems they had more flexible COs

If you are refused, you can appeal to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.

Or re-apply.

Or both.
Old May 24th 2009, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

ColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud of
Default Re: PROOF OF IDENTITY citizenship if you know no one on list??

Originally Posted by ellie10990
We are applying for citizenship after we take the test.However we do not know anyone on the list of people to confirm our identity who are aus citizens or have known us for 12 months.There may possibly be one person but they head back to UK in a week or so and would not be around therefore if immigration want to speak to them.

The dimia people say it doesnt matter for us adults as they will verify it when we take the test but we have to find someone to verify the kids photos and form

Anyone else had this problem and what did you do??
Hi Ellie,

When I appeared for my citizenship test last week, the DIAC official there got me to fill out form 1295 and countersigned the same, which allows me to apply online and form 1295 acts in lieu of having to get the application signed by an Australian citizen who'd known me for more than 12 months and belonged to one of the listed occupations (moot point considering I had about 8 people from one category alone - Tertiary Teachers - who could've signed the form ). Coming back to the point, it might be an idea to take the kids and their documents (passport/birth certificate etc) along with you to the test centre and see if the staff their would sign form 1295 for your kids too.

Cheers

CC