Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

PROOF OF IDENTITY citizenship if you know no one on list??

PROOF OF IDENTITY citizenship if you know no one on list??

Old Mar 10th 2009, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all
Default PROOF OF IDENTITY citizenship if you know no one on list??

We are applying for citizenship after we take the test.However we do not know anyone on the list of people to confirm our identity who are aus citizens or have known us for 12 months.There may possibly be one person but they head back to UK in a week or so and would not be around therefore if immigration want to speak to them.

The dimia people say it doesnt matter for us adults as they will verify it when we take the test but we have to find someone to verify the kids photos and form

Anyone else had this problem and what did you do??
Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:10 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PROOF OF IDENTITY citizenship if you know no one on list??

I'm intrigued that you have time enough in Australia to be eligible but not known anyone long enough. Do the kids have teachers?

Originally Posted by ellie10990
We are applying for citizenship after we take the test.However we do not know anyone on the list of people to confirm our identity who are aus citizens or have known us for 12 months.There may possibly be one person but they head back to UK in a week or so and would not be around therefore if immigration want to speak to them.

The dimia people say it doesnt matter for us adults as they will verify it when we take the test but we have to find someone to verify the kids photos and form

Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:13 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

When I was taking the test last week they told me that teachers are usually the ones to verify the kids identity.

Doesn't really work for me thought because I have a 5 year old and 2.5 year old. My oldest hasn't been in school for more than a couple months, and I'm not sure he kindy teacher counts.

So... in my case I was told that a JP should do the trick. They usually have free services at the local mall (in our area anyway).
Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:16 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555

So... in my case I was told that a JP should do the trick. They usually have free services at the local mall (in our area anyway).
If you don't have a teacher who can do it the take all the info: passports, birth certificates, photos, human to your local JP clinic and they can do it.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:28 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypen20
If you don't have a teacher who can do it the take all the info: passports, birth certificates, photos, human to your local JP clinic and they can do it.
Yep, I got that.... that's what I was advising the poster to do!

I just did it for a Canadian passport for my son, so will have to do again when it's time to apply for citizenship.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:38 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
Yep, I got that.... that's what I was advising the poster to do!

I just did it for a Canadian passport for my son, so will have to do again when it's time to apply for citizenship.
I know, I was adding to your bit for the benefit of the op
Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:43 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I know, I was adding to your bit for the benefit of the op
What about the GP? I believe doctor is on the list and certainly they would know what your children look like?
Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:45 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Dorothy
What about the GP? I believe doctor is on the list and certainly they would know what your children look like?
They may not have been ill
Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:52 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

They may not have been ill
For goodness sake they're children! Shouldn't they have broken some bones or fallen and needed stitches? Or is that just my kids?
Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:56 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Dorothy
For goodness sake they're children! Shouldn't they have broken some bones or fallen and needed stitches? Or is that just my kids?
My youngest saw her first doctor last week. We've been here over 3 years. Hubby only saw his first in December. However, me and first born are on our doctors christmas present list
Old Mar 11th 2009, 12:00 am
Still alive

My youngest saw her first doctor last week. We've been here over 3 years. Hubby only saw his first in December. However, me and first born are on our doctors christmas present list
I'm on my GP's Christmas card list, too. And surprisingly, so is my husband! He never saw the doctor in Canada but since being here he's been sick or injured quite a bit. My son was at A&E 2 weeks after we landed for a couple of broken fingers. He's also had some stitches. My daughter thankfully has only had to see the doc for a couple of ear infections - probably from water in her ears from surfing and to get her Gardasil injections.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
I'm intrigued that you have time enough in Australia to be eligible but not known anyone long enough. Do the kids have teachers?
we had a similar problem, luckily we knew a policeman through a friend who we met not long after we arrived (well, i say knew, seen him a couple of times!) otherwise we'd have been stuffed!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:37 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

We had the same problem but we put our applications in immediately after passing the test and we were told we didn't need anyone else to verify our identities as we were sat in front of a citizenship officer with all our documentation. That was proof enough of our identities.

Got citizenship last month and a shiny, new Aussie passport yesterday.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
We had the same problem but we put our applications in immediately after passing the test and we were told we didn't need anyone else to verify our identities as we were sat in front of a citizenship officer with all our documentation. That was proof enough of our identities.

Got citizenship last month and a shiny, new Aussie passport yesterday.
thanks yes thats what we were told for us but we needed someone to verify the kids
they have never seen a doctor and their school prohibits teachers signing legal paperwork
Old Mar 11th 2009, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

their school prohibits teachers signing legal paperwork
That seems a bit strange We are always signing forms for migrants at our school. Was that admin who said they prohibit signing papers or the actual teacher themselves? If it was admin I'd be inclined to forget the conversation ever took place and just take the forms straight to the class teacher.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.